Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 02:44 AM

Default tough spot for buried As in Stud 8

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.25

any mistakes here on 4th? maybe just call? but why else is this guy playing a 9 in a multi way pot. lol the funny thing is i brought in for a full bet to try and thin the field! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
also say i hit a 3 or 4 on 5th should i stay in?
3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___Fold
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Call
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___Fold
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___Call
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___Fold
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Call
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Bet
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___Call

4th Street - (6.00 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___Call
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___Fold
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___Bet___Call
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___Raise
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___Call

5th Street - (7.00 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___Check
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Check
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___Check
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___Check

6th Street - (7.00 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___Call
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___Bet
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___Fold
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___Call

River - (10.00 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___Call
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___Bet
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___Call

Total pot: (13.00 BB)
Old 04-19-2006, 03:36 AM

Default Re: tough spot for buried As in Stud 8

Nice nickname, that's my favorite band.

I think the raise is fine, better if you had a read that made you believe 2 or more were going to fold (if you figured it'd still be 3/4 way, you probally should've just called). As for calling if another wheel card hits on 5th, absolutely.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:04 PM

I think you played it as well as you could have.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:18 PM

I would just call 4th(no one is ever folding and there is a good chance you are waaay behind), and then probably check-fold 5th if the 9s bet again. Given that it got checked around on 5th, check-folding 6th is good.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:22 PM

I bring it in for the minimum and hope to get a raise in, but that's just me. Anyway, I think you did fine.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:55 AM

good job
Old 04-20-2006, 06:17 PM

haha, is that a left handed compliment? =)
yeah, to respond to the full bet on 3rd, i think most were limping so i wanted to show strength, but i almost always played this hand to try to raise the guy that completes.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:58 PM

With all that trash up coming out betting instead of the bringin will probably make people think you have decent pair or 345 456 etc. I think its a good play. Its not likely someone with aces down and is low showing will come out for a full bet. Well, at least I would never put you on it. If you allow all of these people to limp in you are bound to get drawn out on. Obviously you got action anyway.