Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 02:25 AM

Default J9s steal (4handed)

i just didn't feel like posting a hand in sssh so by default it goes in the micros. i like to see what you all haves to say.

situation:

i am up 12 bb at this table over the past 50 hands. in the last hand, i raised UTG (CO) and stole the blinds. the last orbit, i stole the blinds twice too.

one hand i played against SB here: i raised KK otb. he 3-bet As3s from the SB, i called. flop Qo9o7s, he bet, i called. turn 7s, he bet, i raised, he called. river 3 he check called, i win.

he is 32/22/4 over about the 50 hands i've been at this table. good seat for me? yes because UTG is a huge fish and this guy doesn't seem too great postflop.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) migatoesjoto is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">migatoesjoto raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, migatoesjoto calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5.8SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, migatoesjoto calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3.9BB, 2 players)

you guys think the first three streets are standard?

plan on a river blank?
Old 08-21-2006, 02:43 AM

Default Re: J9s steal (4handed)

*grunch from the cheap seats*

not sure what you are asking here but yeah I think this is the right line with this guy. No point in taking the lead back he could have you beat but with 4 7's 2 9's and 4 Q's (I don't like the jack here on the river) its a 3.6 to 1 call which is right where you are at.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:45 AM

nice hand with the cowboys.

against an agro like this guy i like the idea of letting him bet his AK all the way down. you have a decent draw, but you dont want to be forced into calling a 3-bet if you raise the flop and he is playing wtih an over pair. saying that, i will bet the river on a blank if it is checked to me. that will send him on monkey tilt, especially after the KK hand. "OMFGZWTF MY AK NEVER WINS I BET THE WHOLE WAY AND THESE FISH CALL ME DOWN!!@@!"
Old 08-21-2006, 02:46 AM

Default whooe hand

so all standard?

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) migatoesjoto is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">migatoesjoto raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, migatoesjoto calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5.8SB, 2 players)

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3.9BB, 2 players)

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.9BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">migatoesjoto bets</font>
Old 08-21-2006, 02:54 AM

The hand is strong enough to attempt a steal and not spew I think. Calling the reraise is fine as well due to the odds. I'd put his range on perhaps PP, AK, AQ, AJ, maybe AT? Ax if he's aggressive. Heads up calling down seems ok with this hand. I might raise the flop or is that my overly aggressive side coming out? How off am I?
Old 08-21-2006, 02:58 AM

the river is bet, if checked to, but I don't mind a flop/turn raise.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:03 AM

I assume your call on the flop is because you don't expect him to fold to a raise here. I would usually raise for value on the flop with my combo, possible best hand, and call a 3bet, but I like the call in postition.

He seems aggressive enough, and is likely to follow thru up to the turn. Just calling is a good idea now, because I don't think he will fold a better hand, and may not even give up on his overcard(s) just yet. Calling allows him to maybe catch up on the river, but the chances of that are not great enough to want him to stop bluffing, semi-bluffing or betting what he thinks is the best hand, like a pair of 7's. If that's what's going on here.

All in all I would say standard, except for possibly raising the flop. If the river is a blank, and he bets I would call, and if he checks I would bet.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one hand i played against SB here: i raised KK otb. he 3-bet As3s from the SB, i called. flop Qo9o7s, he bet, i called. turn 7s, he bet, i raised, he called. river 3 he check called, i win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this, I might consider raising the turn on him again. He might call with two overcards or a straight draw, and perhaps even a gutshot. It's not clear whether he will bet the river for you, but he will pay off with a very weak hand if he has one (perhaps even a hand like 55).
Old 08-21-2006, 03:28 AM

i would usually raise the flop. if i called i would sometimes raise the turn. if checked to i would definitely bet the river.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:44 AM

i agree the river is obvious

aaron,

he did have the nut flush draw on that KK hand so he didnt just call me w/ A high on that turn. i think he can fold 22-66 on the turn in this hand. i also think i may get a loose showdown out of A2-A6 if i dont raise (at least that's what i was thinking about)