Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 10:33 AM

Default QQ - First post!

Played limit for a bit, giving NL a try. Starting at the $25 level and hopefully working my way up. I'll be posting HH from time to time, if my hands seem standard to some it will still be a learning experience for me.
This was about Villan's 5th hand at table, so not much of a read at all. Should I have raised more on flop? My main question is turn. His bet made me believe I was behind, but it could have been draw, TPTK, etc. Do I call, raise, fold? Folding seems too weak here. I could have raised and folded to a reraise I guess. I think I need to call river w/pot odds.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($39.50)
BB ($26.60)
UTG ($37.45)
MP ($37.19)
CO ($23.35)
Hero ($57.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP folds, CO calls $1.75.

Flop: ($4.60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, CO calls $3.

Turn: ($12.60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

River: ($22.60) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

Final Pot: $32.60
Old 08-20-2006, 10:39 AM

Default Re: QQ - First post!

ur raise seems a little to large, like a QQ / JJ sort of raise where you are scared to get action. standard pre raise is 4bb + 1bb/limper but $2 isnt too big a deal imho.

on flop pot size raise it. his $1 bet looks like a draw looking to see it cheap, so i'd make it $6. turn again, his raise looks like he is trying to see a draw for cheap so i rase againt to $15. then by river you will no a lot more where you are. as played flat call river.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:29 AM

First 2 points are well taken. The flop I should have raised larger for sure. On the turn, though, where I have a problem is putting in 60% of a buy in for a raise to see where I'm at, when an OOP player has shown aggression. I have a problem thinking that his $5 turn bet was a blocking bet for a draw. Maybe if I had a better read on him. My plan at that point was to see a showdown as cheaply as possible. But, if that's weak tight thinking, that's what I'm trying to break out of [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2006, 11:37 AM

This hand looks fine to me.
The preflop raise could have been smaller but meh.
The flop raise should have been bigger.
Apart from these minor adjustments it looks ok.