Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 09:36 PM

Default whats is the future for online poker?

iv often heard that online poker is not what it used to be, I hear party in its day was like a tank [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] lol and lot of ppl now are also playing a lot more live

my question is what is the future for online poker? Will it have another boom or is this it now? Im mainly saying this after reading irocks post in hsnl, there are alot of us that bank are lives on this as a source of income for the future

thanks in advance guys
Old 02-16-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: whats is the future for online poker?

The games will get progressively tougher over time. There will be fewer fish and fewer games to choose from. It will never disappear altogether but fewer people will be able to achieve significant profit.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The games will get progressively tougher over time. There will be fewer fish and fewer games to choose from. It will never disappear altogether but fewer people will be able to achieve significant profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right. Hang up your Poker Tracker and quit now.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's right. Hang up your Poker Tracker and quit now.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, after the ban I cashed out of Party, emptied my Netteller acount, and uninstalled pokertracker.

I think that the future of on-line poker in the US will be the same as alcohol during prohibition. Big time distributers were targeted, but not so many drinkers. Everybody still drank, or at least everybody except the tea-totalers and the few who abstained because "it's illegal."

Unfortunately, alcohol consumption was and is WAY more pervasive in our society than poker, so returning to legalized alcohol comsuption was only a matter of time. I'm not so sure we'll be as fortunate to see a law change for online poker, but I can hope.

Since I'm one of the guys who would have abstained from drinking during prohibition because "its illegal" I'll just wait and hope on the laws will change so I don't have to engage in activities outside the law just to electronically transfer funds to a pokersite to play cards.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:12 PM

Partly cloudly, with still a few sunny days ahead. And its not illegal to play, so if you hung up your chips because you don't want to break the law, you did so for the wrong reason.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:48 PM

What does this have to do with Poker Theory? Welcome to the site, but we generally like to classify posts by forum.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:20 AM

I dont think that games will get significantly tougher.

I think that the more likely scenario is that fewer games will be running.

Games start at the mid stakes because poor players sit. If you have 6 competent players at a short handed table, it will break very fast and usually become heads up between the worst player and the most persistant player.

In a lot of ways, it will become like how high stakes poker is now. The games do not always run, but that doesnt mean there isnt a healthy supply of people to play. IT's just that htey wont sit unlss there is someone sufficiently bad to justify their presence.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:31 PM

I know im a little late to the debate but i gotta add this:

The numbers on prima look to have almost doubled recently.
Theres loads of people from parts of the world we never heard of. ( east europe. France, even. lol. more aussies and kiwis it seems too.)
Stars doesnt look like its struggling for numbers (though i didnt play there before this american nonsense)

From what i hear and read alot of sites have big plans to exploit these new markets and with the TV companies selling their poker shows to more countries than ever before i think the future isn`t just safe, its beautiful man.

Shame for all the yanks though - you gonna miss out. ul
Old 02-21-2007, 06:40 PM

how the hell does anyone make money online with all the fantasy beats im losing 90% of the hands im a 60% or better favorite no bullsht and im not talking only 1000 hands
Old 02-21-2007, 07:37 PM

They win it from people like you.