Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 04:17 AM

Default Top two in a blind battle

BB is quite aggressive, but I don't have a lot of specific reads. Do you do anything differently?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (12 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 06-05-2007, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Top two in a blind battle

Pretty standard. I might've waited for the turn to check/raise, but that might've gotten less in the pot this time.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:30 AM

looks great to me, nh
Old 06-05-2007, 05:14 AM

I would c/r the turn and call down to a 3-bet. I dont see what the turn donk is good for. Its not like people are capping the flop for free cards a lot...
Old 06-05-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would c/r the turn and call down to a 3-bet. I dont see what the turn donk is good for. Its not like people are capping the flop for free cards a lot...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see why we should c/r the turn since he capped the flop. He likes his hand so if we think we are best I would go for the bet/3-bet on the turn.

Can't really decide about the river though, we are beat by two hearts and 88 and I can't really see anything else that makes sense so why not c/c?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its not like people are capping the flop for free cards a lot...

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not? I see it a few times a day.

Guy.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:59 AM

I think 3-bets is too many on the turn with out a stronger read I want 2-3 bets to go in so i just call the turn raise at that point i feel like i'm chopping at best usually against a set, i like guy am seeing cap flop for free card sometimes (thought mostly from myself) so i lead the turn.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see why we should c/r the turn since he capped the flop. He likes his hand so if we think we are best I would go for the bet/3-bet on the turn.

Can't really decide about the river though, we are beat by two hearts and 88 and I can't really see anything else that makes sense so why not c/c?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would c/r the turn cuz I think our hand is good enough to put in another 2 bets but not good enough to bet/3-bet.

I would also c/r cuz I dont expect villain to take the free card. However, if he has a history of doing that a bet might me better.

BTW capping for free card is so bad IMO. The pot gets so big that the implied folding eq of betting the turn by far exceeds the value of drawing free the times villain allows it.

Raising for free cards HU with good draws = bad poker...
Old 06-05-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

I get the point about capping - you almost can't take the free card after capping - but a simple raise and check behind seems fine to me, especially if you sometimes also do it with showdown-worthy hands, so that you can call a river bet UI occasionally.

Guy.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

I get the point about capping - you almost can't take the free card after capping - but a simple raise and check behind seems fine to me, especially if you sometimes also do it with showdown-worthy hands, so that you can call a river bet UI occasionally.

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya sure. Mostly with hands without SD value and mostly if you just raise the flop. But capping flop with a draw and then check behind turn HU sucks IMO.

I was getting controversial with the general statement about rasing for free cards HU.