Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2006, 04:50 PM

Default Iggy\'s Week 7 Picks

YTD: 69-46

Not even going to bother with totals right now since I'm on vacation and they tend to take more work, but here are the lines I absolutely couldn't resist:

Florida +1 (+111) at Auburn (4 units)
Missouri -2.5 (+104) at Texas A&M (4 units)
Ohio State -16.5 at Michigan State (3 units)
Michigan -6.5 at Penn State (2 units)

(Note, I'm already thinking OSU/MSU should maybe have been a 2-unit play with how volatile MSU is and the possibility that OSU will be unmotivated, but I definitely think OSU's the right side to take here.)
Old 10-08-2006, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Iggy\'s Week 7 Picks

I have every one of those but OSU so far. Still debating that one.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:27 PM

Here are the rest of my picks. I bet some of these Monday and some today, so I don't know if the prices are still going to be right where I have them.

Iowa State +19 at Oklahoma (1 unit)
Hawaii -5.5 at Fresno State (2 units)
Arizona -4.5 at Stanford (3 units)
Kentucky +26.5 at LSU (1 unit)
Michigan/Penn State under 41.5 (2 units)
Virginia Tech at Boston College +2.5 (+100) (1.5 units)
California (-300) at Washington State (9 units) (Note: This was supposed to be 3 units to win 1, but I wasn't paying attention when I entered the bet in so I bet 9 to win 3 instead. WSU's chances of winning are poor enough that I'm not too worried though.)

5-team teaser (1.5 units): Boston College +8.5, Wisconsin -2, Florida +7, Cal -1.5, Ohio State -8.5

5-team parlay (1 unit): Missouri -2.5, Florida +1, Ohio State -14.5, Hawaii -4, Michigan/Penn State U41.5
Old 10-11-2006, 02:14 AM

whoah, what happened to hawaii? they're -4 now
Old 10-11-2006, 03:51 AM

started at -4 and has yo-yo'd back

I wish I understood line movements more
Old 10-11-2006, 06:04 AM

utep -13.5 home vs tulane
cinn -6 at tampa
la tech -2 home idaho

put 20% of your roll on that exact parlay...
Old 10-11-2006, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
YTD: 69-46

Not even going to bother with totals right now since I'm on vacation and they tend to take more work, but here are the lines I absolutely couldn't resist:

Florida +1 (+111) at Auburn (4 units)
Missouri -2.5 (+104) at Texas A&M (4 units)
Ohio State -16.5 at Michigan State (3 units)
Michigan -6.5 at Penn State (2 units)

(Note, I'm already thinking OSU/MSU should maybe have been a 2-unit play with how volatile MSU is and the possibility that OSU will be unmotivated, but I definitely think OSU's the right side to take here.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your staring 1-3 right in the face..
Old 10-11-2006, 11:46 AM

I'll admit that I actually don't like the Michigan pick that well now that Manningham's out. I don't think it's a terrible pick or anything, but something like 23-17 or 20-14 looks like a likely final.

I don't see anything wrong with the Florida, Missouri, or Ohio State picks though. Florida's been dominant while Auburn's looked terrible the last couple weeks and the matchups are greatly in favor of the Gators. Not to mention that there are health questions on both Cox and Irons.

Missouri meanwhile looks like a Top 15 team after dismantling Texas Tech, and I don't really think the team that just lost to TTU at home is going to challenge them. Kansas and Army are A&M's best wins this year and those games were decided by 3 and 4 points respectively. I think Missouri should win by at least a TD there.

Then we have Ohio State, who's won by at least 17 points in 6 out of their 6 games this year including wins over Texas, Penn State, and Iowa. Do you really think that Sparty coming off three straight losses is going to be the team that plays them the closest? They have talent, so it's not impossible, but it's a bet I'd like the other side of at even money, thank you very much.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:56 AM

I think Florida is a toss-up... But I like your odds there. I'll take +1 +111 on a 50/50 shot forever. I think Florida suffers from the 2 QB set instead of benefitting from it and Auburn is a real wild card with how they'll react from the Florida debacle. They could come out and dismantle Florida and jump into the top 5 just as easily as they could get dismantled and drop out of the top 15 with a horrid performance.

I think Mizzou is underrated. I mean they are Mizzou and it is the Big 12 North.

Michigan St. I think might still be reeling from what Brady Quinn and Weis did to them in the 4th quarter. I wouldn't be the least bit suprised to see a team tailspin after something like that (the direction Auburn could go after last two weeks)
Old 10-11-2006, 12:44 PM

Not that I don't like your Florida pick, but they haven't been dominant.