Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you need to call?
AA/QQ 11 57.89%
AQ 7 36.84%
AK 0 0%
results 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Best Comedy Movie of All Time - This is it!!

We had a problem in the last round in that Caddyshack and Airplane endedup in a dead heat with 135 votes each. Not a surprise because both movies are terrific, but I had to give the nod to Aiplane! based on it's IMDB rating, which was higher than Caddyshack, and also based on that I never cast a vote, so I guess I get to break the tie. Naturally people are free to disagree and flame me, I think that's only fair (but please look at this first).

Anways, on to the last two.

1. Airplane - 1980, directed by Jim Abrams, Jerry Zucker, David Zucker

Elaine Dickinson: There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Ted Striker: My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.
Elaine Dickinson: When will you be back?
Ted Striker: I can't tell you that. It's classified.

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and please don't call me Shirley.

2. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - 1975, directed by Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones

King Arthur: [after Arthur's cut off both of the Black Knight's arms] Look, you stupid Bastard. You've got no arms left.
Black Knight: Yes I have.
King Arthur: *Look*!
Black Knight: It's just a flesh wound.

King of Swamp Castle: Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who.

King Arthur: I am your king.
Woman: Well I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays... ]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.