Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Tricky spot played badly. Better lines?

Villian is 2p2er whos been playing 50 for a while. He crushes the game and is very decent IMO. I was tilty during this hand and called his c/r on flop. This is obvisouly super bad.

So question is, is b3bai here better, or is folding better? The board is very drawy and for some reason I dont think he has a set here, either a combo or a FD with an overcard or something similar. The reason I dont think he has a set here is because its a really bad board to try and c/r and I think a set should lead here more often then c/ring. Thoughts appreciated.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $51.15
BB: $52.20
UTG: $32.15
MP: $62.35
CO: $30.45
Hero (BTN): $54.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.75</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, BB folds

Flop: ($5.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $12.00</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $8.00

Turn: ($29.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $25.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $41.15</font>, SB calls all-in for $12.40
Uncalled bet of $3.75 returned to Hero

River: ($104.55) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $104.55 ($3 Rake)
Old 08-08-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Tricky spot played badly. Better lines?

I fold to the flop sb raise. Your in a spot where it is multiway and SB can have 99+ or two overs+ flush draw. Your so slim in this spot if your head.

Once you hit trips on the turn you now are ahead of more hands than you were on previous street. Yes villan can have 33/44 but I think the range including A8/99+/and suited overs have you as a favorite at this point. So now that your here pushing is fine.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:40 PM

i fold flop---- I think pushing flop is terrible---- once you get to the turn obviously you can't fold.

but call is the worst line on the flop, b/c often hands that improve you may also improve villain. if he has A8 or a set, your obv getting it on the turn as a big dog--- but hey, running good is nice sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2007, 12:55 PM

Preflop I would fold but not that bad.

I would fold to the reraise for definite. You really can't be beating much here esp since Villain raised from MP pf as well.

River is a push.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:57 PM

I would fold on the flop. On a side note, Nice runner runner...