Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Help Me Find A Student Loan

I'm going back to school and I need a loan to help me pay for it. I'd probably get some kind of financial help if I applied for it, whether it be aid or stafford loan, but I never did and don't want to take the time now to apply for it, since they take so long to go through. It's an online school that I'll be going for, so I need the money as quick as I can as I can start tomorrow if I send them payment.

I'm looking for a loan of about $15k and one that I won't have to pay off until after school. If, by chance, paying off a little while going to school lowers the amount I'll owe in the end a significant, I could possible swing a few hundred a month. I don't know my credit score, but I have good credit for as far as I know. I can get a co-signer if that helps things out but I'd like to not have go to that route.

I also want a loan where I get the money, not the school. Several years back when I was in school, I got a loan through citibank and they sent the money to my school, which then cut a check for me on how much they felt I should get for the semester. I don't want any of that crap since I plan on throwing the extra money I don't need into a CD.

Can anyone help a guy out here? I've looked at a few sites, but I don't know what's good and what isn't. I've never been good at this sort of thing.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Help Me Find A Student Loan

There is a reason that you aren't allowed to take out more loans then you need while still getting them deferred, because if you could, everyone would do it for the max.

What online school costs $15k? Which one is it, sure they're legit? Do they accept federal financial aid, etc.?

I'd be really helpful to know which one. Also, unless you have an adult cosign and pay a really high % rate, they're gonna send the money to the school, who will then cut you a check. This shouldn't be some arbitrary amount, but rather loan amount minus tuition fees...there isn't any discretion on your school's part so long as loan is less than cost of attendance.