Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 02:37 PM

Default I\'ve forgotten how to play online...

I haven't played online hardly at all since "the law" was passed, but I finally made a small deposit and have started to move up in limits again.

10/20 FT

I have just started playing and only have a few orbits so I don't have the proper chow, meow, chow info on these guys. BTW, my PAHUD doesn't seem to like my FT, Windows Vista setup. Can anybody help?

Loosie limps UTG (had limped w/ J6o in EP and caught a J on the turn to beat my TT a few orbits ago). Semi-tight, decently aggro, position aware fellow, pops it from the CO, I 3-bet from the SB w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, they both call.

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, UTG now pops it and the CO calls.

Whats my plan?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: I\'ve forgotten how to play online...

Call turn.

You may be able to check/fold river unimproved here though, especially if it goes bet, call, and you'd be overcalling.

If the river goes bet, fold, then I probably payoff UTG.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:56 PM

I agree completely with Fianchetto. That J is a horrible card to get action on. My bet geuss is your beat but I dont fold to another bet. River as he said if it goes B/C/you need to fold.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call turn.

You may be able to check/fold river unimproved here though, especially if it goes bet, call, and you'd be overcalling.

If the river goes bet, fold, then I probably payoff UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should pretty much always have the CO beat so i don't think it matters whether he calls or folds on the river. if you think you should fold if CO calls you should also fold if CO folds. conversely, if you think you should call if CO folds you should also call if he calls.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:13 PM

You haven't forgotten how to play, this is just an awful spot. I think it is quite possible for CO to have you beat here. His lack of 3bet confuses me if he has AJ/AT but his lack of fold with anything else would be even more confusing. Unfortunately loose guy is apparently a moron, so we can be ahead of him here very easily. He can also have T5/J5 moronic two pairs that we have a million outs against.

I'm much more worried about CO here but we must call once more. The toughest spot is going to be when you miss and check and the CO calls UTG's bet. At that point you should probably fold but I'm not much of a folder. I'm donking a K/Q/A on the river.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You haven't forgotten how to play, this is just an awful spot. I think it is quite possible for CO to have you beat here. His lack of 3bet confuses me if he has AJ/AT but his lack of fold with anything else would be even more confusing. Unfortunately loose guy is apparently a moron, so we can be ahead of him here very easily. He can also have T5/J5 moronic two pairs that we have a million outs against.

I'm much more worried about CO here but we must call once more. The toughest spot is going to be when you miss and check and the CO calls UTG's bet. At that point you should probably fold but I'm not much of a folder. I'm donking a K/Q/A on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's much more likely CO has a hand like AQ/KJ/QJ he couldn't fold than he is to have AJ/AT
Old 09-13-2007, 01:34 AM

I'm feeling that CO probably has AQ/AK, UTG could have anything, but i'm thinking JTish. I like HOWMANY's river plan for donking K/Q/A rivers. Unimproved though, I think it's a c/c as long as CO doesn't call the river bet from UTG.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:59 AM

I think you have to call on the turn, and I don't think the CO's call on the river should affect whether we call or not. I seems unlikely that the CO would coldcall with any hand that currently has AK beat. Not overcalling with AK on a blank river is very bad IMO.

I also agree with donking an A K or Q on the river, we can sometimes bet/fold in that spot.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:46 PM

Well maybe I haven't forgotten how...

My thinking was like most of you. Live I might really consider folding here as I likely have only 3 outs to a chop w/ EP. HU I would definately called down. If the CO called the river, it would be a tough overcall.

Anyway, I call the turn, the river blanks, EP bets, CO calls and I fold.

EP shows QT, for a pair of T's and a missed gutshot. CO shows JJ for a turned set of J's, so I was drawing to 3 outs, but for a win.

For what it's worth, CO has been running like god. Last night I played a little more and he was stuck a bit and I was up at 1 table. He raised a limper and I 3-bet TT. Flop is ATx, I bet 3-bet, turn is a Q and we cap it. River is a Q and I know he very likely just sucked out. I c/c and he shows me AQ. He then proceeds to pick up AA 3x. 1x vs. KK, 1x vs. A6s and the flop is A66. I, of course ran like doggy poop.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:58 PM

my advice to overcall the river was based on your read that the CO is "semi-tight, decently aggro, and position aware." him not capping JJ pf and not 3-betting the turn (especially in an online game) seems pretty weak tight to me.