Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 08:16 PM

Default General HE question

This is my first post here so i hope i got this right.

Im TAG player, 3-tabling 25$ 6 max.
Vpip 20 to 24 %
I've been running good at the games for a few months but lately I have gone in to a hole i cant seem to get out of.
i used to check the turn alot with my top pair, medium kicker, (sets) and flush/straight draws after making the C-bet and got called. Scared of beeing outkicked or raised off my hand. (or setting a trap with my sets) But i hear cardrunners, stoxtrader and other Online players talking about how important it is not to show weakness. So i have adjusted my game and started playing faster, betting a reasonable amount with my strong and semi-strong hands on the turn. not giving free cards and value bet the hands i think are good, even if it is a somewhat scary card on the turn I try to make an moderate bet, not showing any weakness.
The result im getting from this is that i get a greater payoff on my winning hands, but the $AVG/hand in my poker tracker has gone down. Im actually winning less per hand then i did before. And my bankroll swings are far greater than it was.

Im i doing anything wrong? advice anyone?
Ty.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: General HE question

The faster you play, the more volatile your game will be and this will result in greater variance. How big of a samplesize do you have since you changed to your more aggresive style?

It could be variance due to a small samplesize or it could be due to the fact that the changes didn't help you. You should also not just pick up everything you hear from a video or read on 2p2 and put it into your game right away, it's a journey and you have to gradually improve. If you change small things as you go along it'll be easier to see what works for your game and what doesn't work for you.

Along with what I wrote above you have to remember that there is no cookie cutter way to play against all opponents, noticing bettingpatterns, how they play with draws etc. will often times help you make better decisions than following something you think you heard from some pro in a video.

Just my 5 cents
GL out there
Old 03-09-2007, 09:31 PM

My new samplesize is about 5000 hands.
Of course I try to figure out as much as i can about my opponents bettingpatterns and adjust. I also have pokerAce enabled. But I mean in general, I was probobly more weak/tight then TAG before. Now Im maybe overaggressive? I REALLY dont like beeing drawn out on. so I tend to overplay my hands when Im unsure maybe?
Old 03-09-2007, 09:39 PM

This is too vague .... the best thing you can do is to post the hands you are unsure of [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2007, 09:49 PM

I'll post a few hands later
Closed Thread