Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Live 5-10 hand. When does bold become crazy?

5-10 game at the Wynn last month. Villain just cashed in the WPT event at the Bellagio for like 30 grand and is blowing of steam before going home. He bought in for like 10k (later loaded up to 60) and is player super loose and aggressive and dominates the table. I have folded a couple medium hands to pot-sized bets on the flop by him and have been waiting for a good spot to play back at him. Every hand is put up to 20 to 35 preflop so i take my turn raising preflop almost every time I enter an unraised flop. My image i laggy but so far sane (i tanked for awhile several times then folded and showed a big laydown one time) and I am drinking a beer (2 deep). I have 1800 dollars in front of me.

I raise to 20 UTG with 10 7 5 3 double suited diamonds and clubs one call then villain raises to 100, one call, I call and last player calls.

Flop (415) 9 6 2 two clubs one diamond, action goes check check villian bets pot one fold. I look over at player behind who already seems done with the hand when villain bet (this player is very tight and conservative) and looks like he is preparing to fold. Villain's bet seems weak to me, and he seems nervous/weak while making it. He hadnt re-raised preflop at all so far, so i put him on Aces or 4 high cards perhaps with a pair. I feel like I am ahead of his range and might have some fold equity so I repot it for basically my entire stack. Standard against this player or are we stretching it?
Old 01-29-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Live 5-10 hand. When does bold become crazy?

[ QUOTE ]
5-10 game at the Wynn last month. Villain just cashed in the WPT event at the Bellagio for like 30 grand and is blowing of steam before going home. He bought in for like 10k (later loaded up to 60) and is player super loose and aggressive and dominates the table. I have folded a couple medium hands to pot-sized bets on the flop by him and have been waiting for a good spot to play back at him. Every hand is put up to 20 to 35 preflop so i take my turn raising preflop almost every time I enter an unraised flop. My image i laggy but so far sane (i tanked for awhile several times then folded and showed a big laydown one time) and I am drinking a beer (2 deep). I have 1800 dollars in front of me.

I raise to 20 UTG with 10 7 5 3 double suited diamonds and clubs one call then villain raises to 100, one call, I call and last player calls.

Flop (415) 9 6 2 two clubs one diamond, action goes check check villian bets pot one fold. I look over at player behind who already seems done with the hand when villain bet (this player is very tight and conservative) and looks like he is preparing to fold. Villain's bet seems weak to me, and he seems nervous/weak while making it. He hadnt re-raised preflop at all so far, so i put him on Aces or 4 high cards perhaps with a pair. I feel like I am ahead of his range and might have some fold equity so I repot it for basically my entire stack. Standard against this player or are we stretching it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop check-raise is standard.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:04 PM

Does it give my hand away at all to a good player, am I at all representing successfully a set or a top two plus nut draw type hand?
Old 01-29-2007, 07:48 PM

it doesn't give away much since if you're confident with your read you'd be making this play with a lot of hands. All it really says is that you think you have enough pot/fold equity to put it in agaisnt aces.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:49 PM

Doesn't give away your hand at all. The only thing that might give it away is leading into the raiser here instead of going for the C/R. The only question is which move is more likely to get villian to fold AA; some players will be more likely to fold to a C/R because it looks stronger, while some will be more likely to fold to the lead because they have more chips behind.

In this spot (multiway with the AA not blatantly obvious and you having no chips behind after a repot), I probably would have just led for the pot here on the flop assuming I played the hand at all.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:06 PM

I guess since I am no PLO expert and this is much higher than I would usually play the game online I felt I might get pushed off it later in the hand if I lead out and that this player would be good enought to fold AA without clubs. The three ppl in the pot as opposed to just the villain described also defined my decision, as I felt more confident against villains range of hands that he would pot the flop with (which definitely inludes air) than against three hands that called 100 bucks preflop. I think if i had been say twice as deep I would have lead out.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:13 PM

I guess what made me nervous in the hand was how wild and unpredictable this player was, and afterward rest of the table expressed some disapproval of my play. Also even though he 3bet preflop, which allowed me to make the read i did, I wasnt really sure if he had a 3 betting range I could so easily deduce since he clearly had played a dozen times more PLO than I have.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:14 PM

BTW If you couldnt already tell this was the first time I had played the game live.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:49 PM

Preflop is pretty terrible.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:57 PM

I think preflop is what the disapproval of the table might have stemmed from but I am not too worried about, I know I lagged it up too much in that game and play a tighter more conservative game online. I had had a great first day in LHE and O8 in vegas and was looking to gamble it up and have fun at the tables. Playing alot of hands after grinding for 10 hours was my way of staying involved with this game keeping my brain active. Point taken though.