Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 12:42 PM

Default TT getting donk bet into the ground

Villain is unkown.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($25)
UTG ($61.65)
MP ($14.55)
Hero ($24.90)
SB ($19)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.5</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($5.35) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

River: ($7.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $9.35

I'm just wondering how most of you play this hand? I don't like raising on the flop because I'm only getting called by hands that beat me probably. I think I could have given up on the turn but I felt it was cheap enough. On the river villain doubles their bet so I don't think there's anyway I'm ahead here.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:51 PM

Default Re: TT getting donk bet into the ground

Raise or fold the flop....but I raise this 99% of time.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:54 PM

Yikes ... awful

So you threebet TT ... that is fine, but .. raise that minbet on flop, take it down there or give it up if villian hangs around. It looks strange to donkbet into a pf reraiser (yes it is not even pfr but pfrr). I am guessing villain is weak and testing for information. He might also be strong wanting you to come over the top with trash, but that would not make sense, as you are likely to fire anyway.

There is the chance that donk is a true donk and actually view his mindonk as a major valuebet, but that is just a chance to take. A good player is not playing this way normally.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:00 PM

On flop raise to 3$ and if called just shut down.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:02 PM

Most of the time I will raise this but I was thinking that I will only get called by a hand that beats me and the board is very dry. I though I may as well let the donk keep betting into me. I gave up because the board became too bad.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:03 PM

I used to get scared and maybe just call down in that spot but I've found that raising those weak bets on the flop will pretty much always tell you where you are in the hand. What hands does he have that you have beat that would call a raise on that flop?
Old 12-02-2006, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the time I will raise this but I was thinking that I will only get called by a hand that beats me and the board is very dry. I though I may as well let the donk keep betting into me. I gave up because the board became too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why everyone at this site feels "betting for information" is so bad. Reraise to $3 or so and if he calls shut down. You don't need him to fold very often to make this a +EV move.