Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 04:32 PM

Default This is the second time I\'ve done this

Live 40 pretty full. I just started eating but every hand I don't get cards is like $3 down the drain so I'm obviously not going to take a break. Main villain is sort of tight but I feel like he's really fishy/awful postflop. I saw him semibluffraise the turn earlier against someone with -19% fold equity and he followed through on the river when he accidentally made a pair (the smallest one on the board) which of course makes no sense either because only a better hand will call, so he should hope that he sucked out on a better no pair hand and be happy with a showdown.

So it folds to me in the hijack, I open Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain calls in the sb, bb folds. I now stop eating to pay attention to the hand, at which point I see that UTG, a decent but currently sort of tilty regular has 8 chips in front of him. I now realize there is an extremely high chance I have just coldcalled his raise but I don't say anything.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain checks, regular bets pretty much confirming my suspicion and now I feel obligated to raise because I am still in pretty good shape against him I think here, especially the way he's playing. Villain now comes to life and 3bets.

Discuss both the flop raise and what to do after the 3bet.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: This is the second time I\'ve done this

The regular (UTG) folded to the 3bet?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:38 PM

Oops, ya he folded immediately.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:32 PM

would a 4bet slow him down a lot? or is he donking the majority of turns? cause against someone that can get screwy, i would 4bet and decide if a bet goes in on the turn depending on the card and whatever read there is... of course that opens us up to a 5-bet which is the downside and it would get pretty sticky which then turns into a fold most turns or call down mode...

calling and folding a heart turn wouldn't be horrible either... but i just think you have too much hand here to not see a river...
Old 05-01-2007, 12:16 AM

I tend too call and c/f turn here, but it's close, given the drawy board. I'd definitely c/f any scary turn. On a blank turn, bet/fold is reasonable too.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:18 AM

I have position.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:19 AM

So you do. My bad, tired. I'd usually give up the turn if he bets in that spot.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:40 AM

call and fold if a non A/K/Q/T/9 turns? I think that leaves enough routes to SD that you can't be exploited here, but I've only recently heard that concept put into words (Entity) and I'm not sure how to quantify it (requires knowing SB's range better than we know it).