Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 04:49 PM

Default FR NL10 QQ oop; flop brings K

Hey guys,

how do you play this hand?
As played, call river bet?

Villain is an unknown.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $9.45
Hero (BB): $11.45
UTG: $5.75
UTG+1: $13.45
MP1: $20.00
MP2: $10.10
MP3: $10.00
CO: $10.15
BTN: $6.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $0.40</font>, 6 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.70</font>, UTG+1 calls $1.30
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to UTG+1

Flop: ($3.55) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.10</font>, UTG+1 calls $2.10

Turn: ($7.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

River: ($7.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets $2.50</font>, Hero calls $2.50

Pot Size: $12.75 ($0.60 Rake)
Old 07-31-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: FR NL10 QQ oop; flop brings K

Its small enough you can call.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:13 PM

I think you played it fine through all streets. I don't see you beating him too often, but probably often enough for a call.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:07 PM

call i like your line
Old 08-01-2007, 03:41 AM

What troubles me most is that you have no reads on villain. In another topic from you I also noticed you had no reads. Here you are in the BB with a stack of 11.45, so I have to assume you have played at least one orbit. Since villain also has more than a full stack this can't be his first hand. I think you should pay more attention to the hands where you aren't playing to get a feel for how tight the villain is and how often he raises, and if he understands the game - it makes a ton of difference when trying to figure out what his raising requirements are, especially since he raised from an early position. Perhaps you should play less tables at once?

Besides that small rant, I like your play. Although I would have to assume that an unknown would raise and call a re-raise with maybe TT+ AJs+ KQs AQ+, and that's being generous. So if the king didn't help him and he called the flop I would assume that the flush card did help. I'd still call the small river bet. Against an unknown I'd expect to see KQ.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What troubles me most is that you have no reads on villain. (...) Perhaps you should play less tables at once?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was the 2nd orbit indeed. First orbit didnīt bring that much information, but I could have been more precise, like "villain is unknown but after one orbit I think that at least he is not a total maniac"... but apart from that I wouldnīt know how to tell a nit from a kind of average player after one orbit.

The less reads I have, the more insecure I tend to feel, which makes those hands more likely to apear here on the forum... ;-)

That said, your idea about number of tables played might still be something to think about.

[ QUOTE ]
Although I would have to assume that an unknown would raise and call a re-raise with maybe TT+ AJs+ KQs AQ+, and that's being generous.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be generous. But still, given I play NL10, I tend to disagree.
Villain had 99 and made a set....