Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2007, 08:11 AM

Default NL50: very weird line by hero.How to play this from the turn?

I can't remember having played a hand that strange for I don't know how long, I know this is completely horrible!
Villain is 28/19/2.4 over 300 hands and seems to be a winning player over the hands I have played with him. Yet, he seems to play strangely passive and careful postflop, at least in the hands we played against each other. His betting sizes are very strange especially on the flop, betting like only 1/3 of the pot seems to be usual for him.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($131.40)
Button ($63.40)
SB ($17.60)
BB ($70.55)
Hero ($50)
UTG+1 ($65.40)
MP1 ($29.25)
MP2 ($59.95)
MP3 ($50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $3.75</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $3.25, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

I call here because basically because of three reasons: 1)set value, cause I think his range is pretty narrow here. 2) Odds aren't too bad with all PF limpers. 3)Because I think that with a good flop (even not hitting trips) I might be able to take the pot away from him.

Flop: ($9.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8.5</font>, CO calls $5.50.

Ok, I miss flop completely, but villains bet seems very weak to me so I go for the c/r hoping to take the pot down if he has like AK or with a CB on the turn.

Turn: ($26.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

Perfect card for me but I have no clue how to continue here. If I bet again, he might just throw away his hand and I don't want that, though I'm normally not a fan of checking big hands. Here I hope that when I check to him, he thinks I tried to bluff him on the flop and give up now. Kind of works, but his bet is soooo small. When I checkraise here again, he would ve released immediately I guess. So I hesitate a little and call behind. Weird play, I know! Any comments welcome to that turn play!

River: ($36.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets 18 $, CO folds.
Ok, now it gets completely sick. I make quads, but now there are two board pairs. Even if he got AA, he can't like his hand too much especially with the strange line I played. I know that when I just check, he is happy to see a quite cheap showdown, so I figure that half the pot might look a little bluffy to him and not like a value bet, but I guess that is in fact what it looks like. Here, too, any comments greatly appreciated, that hand was just too sick and think I messed it completely up...