Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 08:34 PM

Default depositing at stars & full tilt from the u.s.

Hey,
I used to use neteller / firepay. I keep getting asked by casual players how to deposit now at pokerstars. Half of the options probably don't work or are screwed up somehow.

Can I get a recommendation on depositing at stars / tilt for the casual player who buys in for 100 to 200 at a time? What about somebody who likes to play high stakes? Is there a review of the deposit methods out somewhere?

There seem to be a lot of people that think that the sites won't even take their deposits anymore since the leglislation stuff, and I'd like to keep as many people informed as possible.

Gracias

Old 06-23-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: depositing at stars & full tilt from the u.s.

prepaid visa cards from Walgreens have been reported to work as does epassporte. This is probably in the wrong section too.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:00 AM

this seems like a very basic and very important concept. i'm surprised it was not on a sticky or something. i just never deposit since i'm a pro and don't lose, but i'd like to get some good info on which deposit methods are best to help keep regular people educated and enocourage people to keep playing online. If not here what forum internet? I'll cross post it there.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:33 AM

The zoo ("Internet Gambling--Internet") is probably the best forum for this. If you search there, you'll find all sorts of threads on deposit methods.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:39 AM

it's that complicated huh? it used to be pretty simple - use neteller or firepay.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:44 AM

yes, it has gotten slightly more complicated.

If you want a simple answer to give new players, just tell them Epassporte. It seems to work good for everyone.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:23 AM

I assumed it wouldn't work but figured what harm could it be to try. I just tried my bank visa ATM/Debit card and it went through within 10 seconds. I'm more than a little suprised. Has anyone else tried theirs?
Old 06-23-2007, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assumed it wouldn't work but figured what harm could it be to try. I just tried my bank visa ATM/Debit card and it went through within 10 seconds. I'm more than a little suprised. Has anyone else tried theirs?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't believe that worked for me if i remember correctly the last time i tried it.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't believe that worked for me if i remember correctly the last time i tried it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think it would work. Now I'm sort of parinoid the feds are going to knock down my door over 100 bucks I put on a gambling site or something. lol
Old 06-23-2007, 07:30 AM

My visa worked on Full Tilt the last time I made I deposit there which was 5 months ago - I didn't play there before the Republican poker ban in America. The really funny thing seems to be that it is alot easier to use your credit cards depositing as an American now than it was before this legislation passsed. I remember I tried to use my credit card the first time I played, which was at Party Poker in about 2000 or so I think it was, and my credit card was declined then. Credit cards have a higher acceptance rate now than they did back then.