Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Reasonable expectation

I am putting more hours in PLO and studying the game more in depth. I am wondering what a reasonable long term hourly rate would be rated in relation to blinds. Does anyone know this?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Reasonable expectation

Depends if you're any good or not.

Edit: Sorry, not trying to be rude or anything, but this is really a silly question to ask, particularly with the complete lack of information provided.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am putting more hours in PLO and studying the game more in depth. I am wondering what a reasonable long term hourly rate would be rated in relation to blinds. Does anyone know this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:51 AM

This is not a stupid question but it is stupid answers.
The question is good:

How many bb an hour does a good (of course) plo player expect to win?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The question is good:

[/ QUOTE ]

English only at the tables please.

p.s. That's a stupid question too unless you specified how many tables someone was playing at once and the number of hands per hour.

A better question would be bb/100 hands; however, even that is dumb (not stupid though) because you'd have to specify at which stakes. Also, given the extreme variance in winrates coupled changes in the current game climate, you still aren't probably going to get a good number.

From personal experience and what I've read, if you find the juciest games on earth with opponents much worse than you and willing to pay you off when they have slim odds or to your nuts on the river (i.e. very little risk to you), you could get a range of 10-20 bb/100 for 10k stretches.

3-10 bb/100 probably when you are decidely better than your competition and running well.

It looks like from stuff the best players here have posted, they'll have stretches of negative or breakeven poker for long stretches.

So if you are just starting out, you have a long long road to travel before you'll have any concrete idea about your winrate.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:10 AM

Probaly better asked as # ptbb/100 vs hourly rate.

But I think some would be surprised to hear the sick bb/100 that some are getting. I only have experience upto 200plo, and most at 50& 100plo...so not sure above that.

But you need your level,# of tables,ptbb/100, etc before you can even consider an hourly win rate.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:14 AM

I knew you could give me a good answer instead that bad one
Old 02-13-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The question is good:

[/ QUOTE ]

English only at the tables please.

p.s. That's a stupid question too unless you specified how many tables someone was playing at once and the number of hands per hour.

A better question would be bb/100 hands; however, even that is dumb (not stupid though) because you'd have to specify at which stakes. Also, given the extreme variance in winrates coupled changes in the current game climate, you still aren't probably going to get a good number.

From personal experience and what I've read, if you find the juciest games on earth with opponents much worse than you and willing to pay you off when they have slim odds or to your nuts on the river (i.e. very little risk to you), you could get a range of 10-20 bb/100 for 10k stretches.

3-10 bb/100 probably when you are decidely better than your competition and running well.

It looks like from stuff the best players here have posted, they'll have stretches of negative or breakeven poker for long stretches.

So if you are just starting out, you have a long long road to travel before you'll have any concrete idea about your winrate.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT and

I can tell you what's not good, -10 bb/100 for a stretch of about 50,000 hands. combination of tilt/frustration/bad cards.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:39 PM

Is there a way to extract a win-rate from these facts?--

Currently Gold-Star status
I am up $2000
I have gained spproximately 3,300 FPPs

All playing $1/2 6-max.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:49 PM

Thank you for all of the responses. Atleast I have an idea of what to think about in these terms. I am so used to limit poker that I really didn't know how to go about setting a progress goal aside from simply not losing money.
Thanks again