Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 11:14 AM

Default NL 25 AA board is KJJ

Villian is 30/3/1

what is my play here?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $34.05
BB: $7.80
UTG: $19.05
MP: $4.65
Hero (CO): $25.25
BTN: $24.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $5.00</font>, Hero ??
Old 09-21-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Re: NL 25 AA board is KJJ

fold fast IMO
Old 09-21-2007, 11:47 AM

Bet more on the flop, and I probably call this and see what he does on the turn because if he has a King, which he may well have, he will slow down/bet small on the turn so you can see a SD. I can't really put him straight on the Jack yet, even with his low AF, and his raise is small enough so that you're not investing too much to see a turn card, in position.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:54 AM

ok so I called turn is a blank and villian bets $3

what's my action here?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok so I called turn is a blank and villian bets $3

what's my action here?

[/ QUOTE ]

call and fold the river
Old 09-21-2007, 12:05 PM

k thnx exactly what I did
Old 09-21-2007, 12:32 PM

I think calling all the way to the river and then folding is the worst plan.With this plan you are putting over 1/3 of your stack in then folding. This tends to point to a mistake. If you are so sure he s the type of player that would only check raise holding a jack you fold on the flop. Otherwise you are basically committed to seeing show down.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think calling all the way to the river and then folding is the worst plan.With this plan you are putting over 1/3 of your stack in then folding. This tends to point to a mistake. If you are so sure he s the type of player that would only check raise holding a jack you fold on the flop. Otherwise you are basically committed to seeing show down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree for the folliwing reasons

1. You cant EVER be sure that he is the kind of player to raise only a jack on the flop, if we knew he was doing that and only that then fine, we can fold, but we DONT know that because we cant see his cards.

2. His raise is relatively small so he is letting us in cheap. This means one of two things: a) he is weak or b) he is stringing us along with a J. When the price is this good, it doesnt matter if he has a J because he'll tell us on the river. If he doesn't, we'll get to show down, and usually win. If villain does have a J he has played the hand really badly.

3. We have position, which means we can control the pot size on the turn and river.

4. Villain is relatively passive so he will basically never bluff the turn or the river, giving us a good read.

5. On the turn if he bets small again we are wa/wb but NOT automatically behind, which means we should call as villain is giving us such great odds versus his range. Dont forget that we might be ahead here.

6. On the river when he says LOLOLO TARPED U and bets big its an easy fold.

You dont know he has Jack on the flop and given that we are in position and are being given great odds I think calling down and folding to a big river bet is fine as we invest very little and villain basically turns his hand face up.