Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 07:00 PM

Default $5 NL 6-Max, Another AA hand against somewhat unknown villain

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($8.98)
UTG ($6)
MP ($2.91)
CO ($28.24)
Button ($4.79)
SB ($6.07)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.54</font>, SB calls $0.44.

Flop: ($1.08) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.55</font>, Hero calls $0.55.

Turn: ($2.18) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.55</font>

Villian's bet out first on the flop kind of stymied me. As Hero, what's your move on the turn? Do you raise or call? If you raise, how much?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: $5 NL 6-Max, Another AA hand against somewhat unknown villain

Raise flop to $2.
99+ as well as missed overs are well within his range. If hes flopped a set, then tough luck, I'm not folding aces on this flop, specifically not at NL5.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:25 PM

I don't know if I raise flop here or not. On turn I don't know what I would do either. If you raise and get reraised then what will you do? OTOH I think you can raise turn and get alot of value out of hands you missed getting value from on the flop like KK-99. Its just that if you raise here and get raised back you are left wondering what to do. So I guess what I do on turn is all dependent on how I think my villain will react to what I choose to do on the turn and how that will influence rest of hand.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I raise flop here or not. On turn I don't know what I would do either. If you raise and get reraised then what will you do? OTOH I think you can raise turn and get alot of value out of hands you missed getting value from on the flop like KK-99. Its just that if you raise here and get raised back you are left wondering what to do. So I guess what I do on turn is all dependent on how I think my villain will react to what I choose to do on the turn and how that will influence rest of hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and since villain is somewhat unknown, knowing how he will react is pretty much out of the question. What do you think about calling and evaluating the river?
Old 08-10-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and since villain is somewhat unknown, knowing how he will react is pretty much out of the question. What do you think about calling and evaluating the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling to re-evaluate river is good move. Whats plan on river?
Old 08-10-2007, 12:13 AM

Raise turn.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you basing that on the smallish bet on turn which is same size as flop?
Old 08-10-2007, 01:02 AM

Those small bets scream "I got a piece of this flop" and most likely not a set. I raise flop, but as played I definitely raise turn. If he's got an overpair he'll most likely see it through and call you down.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much would you raise on the turn?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:20 AM

If he hit a set, and he's not an idiot, he's going to just check and let you bet, 'slowplay', as it was, you've shown much strength to start.

the minraise p/f could be any pocket pair. He could be trying to be sneaky with KK, or beefing the pot for sets. 99 could very easily be betting this way, i honestly believe by the turn you definitely have the best hand, again you're underepresenting your hand to hell. You're making your hand look like AK,AQs and he's trying to extract value from some pocket pair.

i reall don't think he would play a set or 87s like that.