Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 05:04 PM

Default beat: i got hustled by my brother-in-law

i'm 22 and in college and he's 33 and has a normal job. he married my sister 7 months ago and i have known him for 2 years.

we have always had friendly golf matches where i bring a partner and he brings a partner. they have always been fair and whoever plays better usually wins, sometimes on team will have to give strokes.

me and my partner have (i always have the same partner) been talking [censored] for a while in a fun way and he has been doing the same. we decide to set up a golf match. for those minnesotans out there, we played at Legends in Prior Lake. i always play from the tips, and at Legends its a little 7,000 yards long.

i was near scratch in high school but that was 4 years ago and i don't play much anymore because of school and poker and other [censored]. HE KNOWS THIS. i'm happy if i break 80 now. my partner, my brother-in-law, and myself always shoot within 4-5 shots of each other, so us 3 are very equal golfers right now. i tell him to get a partner and we set it all up.

we get there and his partner looks like he's 35. we decide on playing $20 match play front, back, and total, for a total $60 a player to the winning team. you can only press if you're down.

i shoot 46 on the front, my partner shoots 42, the in law shoots 42, his ringer partner shoots 36. we're 3 down on the front.

i play better on the back and shoot 36, partner 41, in law 42, ringer shoots 36 again. we lose the match and every press in between.

meantime, the ringer is talking to my partner and it turns out he's 22, played college golf at southern illinois, and is moving to palm springs to be a pro. in total i lose $120 and have to pay the ringer.

i'm not upset about the money. i am EXTREMELY pissed off that my brother in law wold bring somebody that he barely knows just to beat me.

if i wanted too, i could bring roommate from college who playes for kansas and kick his ass up and down the golf course and he knows this. it has always been a friendly match so wtf is he doing?

he tried to give the money back after i said something to him because he knows he [censored] up. i didn't take the money back.

where are his morals?

what it do BBV?

cliff notes: my brother-in-law brings in a semi pro golfer to hustle and beat me without telling me anything about his partner. [censored].
Old 06-10-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: beat: i got hustled by my brother-in-law

[ QUOTE ]
he tried to give the money back after i said something to him because he knows he [censored] up. i didn't take the money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm if you aren't going to take the $ back, then ur just gonna have to be a whiny bitch
Old 06-10-2007, 05:26 PM

that's cold
Old 06-10-2007, 05:42 PM

Dont judge a book by its cover?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:33 AM

ask ram for advice
Old 06-11-2007, 12:43 AM

quit bitchin plz
Old 06-11-2007, 12:46 AM

don't bet for money unless u are a) a pro or b) know how good the person is ur playin against