Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 11:54 PM

Default NL100 C-bets constantly being min raised

I've had this come up a couple of times now, the problem being that i'm running so bad (haven't hit a flop for TP or a set with small PP's) that when my c-bets keep getting min re raised I dont know what to do.

Any thoughts?

eg.

100bb stacks. blinds 0.5/1

AK

Hero raises PF pot size. 1 caller
Flop comes low rainbow. cbet of 2/3rd pot size. (say 5 dollars) gets reraised to 10 dollars.

How do you handle this?? Esp as it happens more than once.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:10 AM

Default Re: NL100 C-bets constantly being min raised

What kind of players are doing this to you? How often are you cbetting? Cbetting out of position a lot? It happens to everybody, and you are either being pegged as a weak player and put to the test (perhaps), playing against agressive players (in which case if you don't want this to keep happening you're going to have to start playing back at them by 3 betting, calling the minraise o.p. on your cbet and then check raising the turn when they try to take it down, etc.....), or you just keep running into good hands from your opponents (highly unlikely). Get in there and play some poker, a lot of people will put a cbet to the test, so if you don't want to keep getting played with you have to find some way to let them know you're serious about your hand.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:12 AM

Oh, and also, I should say that I've had the same problem of feeling like I'm getting played with when I'm running bad, and taking any sign of pressure as a sign that I'm beat during these dry spells, but just remember it's just as hard for your opponents to make good hands, and when something like this happens just relax, reevaluate your opponents range (as well as their mindset, the table dynamics, etc...), and go from there.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:14 AM

lol no this is the problem, i'm hitting so little I can't win every pot I play on a bluff. It's same guy who will check minraise my c-bet each time. he's not brilliant. Does alot of min raising.

if I was hitting some flops even slightly I could play back in some way but as it is ive floated his cbet min raise a few times eeach time hes hit and I havent/ He wins pot meh.

Just had AK he has AQ board comes low, he min raises my cbet i call. he hits a flush on the river.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:39 AM

Well in that case, hitting the flop may be seeing cards that make you think he missed?
Old 12-28-2006, 12:48 AM

If it's the same person over and over, I would reraise with AK on a low flop. He's going to give you credit after folding so many times. If you think people are taking shots at you, you don't have to continuation bet. Just slow down for a while until you get some respect. Continuation bets only work well while you have a good image.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:53 AM

You don't have to cbet every flop.

Most of the time vs players like these you are bluffing with the best hand if they do fold.

Try to figure out which flops cbets work better on.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:53 AM

calling with air/6outs and second barrelling works against some
Old 12-28-2006, 12:59 AM

Firstly for your made one-pair hands, checking behind is something you should be doing very often, especially versus villains who check-raise a lot.

For your C-bets or when you fire a bet for value with say TPTK, there's a stat for this in PAhud. Just fold unless their "RR C-bet %" is really high. If this number is low then it's highly likely that they're just catching cards
Old 12-28-2006, 01:03 AM

I dont have PHhud. I went down from maybe 80% cbets to 50-60% cbets and only on boards I really wasnt scared of.

I'm just trying to sit it out, and keep making the correct decisions. Cheers for the advice.