Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2006, 09:54 PM

Default 3/6 WTFBBQALLIN??

villain is 18/14/3.5 24attsb wtsd 20 2000 hands players behind me are all very aggro tags. id leave the table but there is a big fish on my right.

i tried to checkraise the flop but whiffed and i really hated my turn check as soon as i did it because of stack sizes and pot size but it was too late. any comments on these two streets?

what the hell do i do on this river? is this a misclick/typo by him or does he have the nuts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Button ($874)
SB ($2272.82)
BB ($300)
UTG ($1617.60)
Hero ($650.60)
CO ($636.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, CO calls $18, Button calls $18, SB (poster) calls $15, BB calls $12.

Flop: ($90) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($90) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: ($90) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB goes ALLIN for over 2k, Hero???
Old 06-06-2006, 09:58 PM

Default Re: 3/6 WTFBBQALLIN??

wow.
i would fold.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:58 PM

Call
Old 06-06-2006, 10:04 PM

he went all-in for effectively ~$850 on the river. the other big stack is out. would he really cold call the pf raise with ak? most people i'd say not, but you'd know i think after 2000 hands. so, it's either aq or you got it. i'd guess his range is wider than aq so i'd call. it's a very weird overbet so i don't think folding is terrible, but i don't think i could fold in this spot.

kratzer
Old 06-06-2006, 10:11 PM

call. I'd expect a squeeze reraise from an aggro TAG with AQ or AK and 2 coldcallers in front. If not that, he'll at least bet the flop or turn.

and please bet the flop or at least the turn, you know better than all that checking nonsense.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:13 PM

You play so fancy I would just bet the flop bet the turn and by the time I got to the river some donk would call and id double my stack.

(call his river shove. Maybe he has a worse boat? Maybe he has a flush? Maybe youve successfully underrepresented your hand?)
Old 06-06-2006, 10:17 PM

I obviously call this in a heartbeat, although I think folding is the correct play. I think it's important to note that he has four people left to act behind him in a raised pot. Also, he could have conceivably been going for a c/r since he was first to act each time.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I obviously call this in a heartbeat, although I think folding is the correct play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does not compute
Old 06-06-2006, 10:25 PM

instamuck
Old 06-06-2006, 10:31 PM

What worse hand do you think he is jamming here? He has a boat, or he misclicked. This isn't a flush or a naked ace. KK/QQ would obviously be WAY more likely to reraise preflop, far more so than AK/AQ from many of these players who still do not reraise those hands often enough (or sometimes ever). Also you probably wouldn't see 4th/5th nuts make an intentional river overbet-jam of this size into the field, as hes got to be confident enough to not be worried about someone potentially slowplaying a bigger hand. Its just all too unlikely. AK whiffing C/R's and trying to make up for it on the river seems most likely hand to me. I don't see him having / jamming a weaker hand here though, unless it IS an accident, which it isn't going to be enough of the time (unless your opponent is Michael J. Fox or Muhammad Ali, in which case that read may sway decision)

Also, not betting the flop here is v. bad. Its a 5 way pot and you were the PFR, going for the checkraise doesn't make much sense.