Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Why I Am 2p2

I had actually heard about 2p2 through a 30x smaller poker site called liquidpoker. There was a transparent 2p2 hatred vibe (kinda like bbv and oot), it is that vibe about 2p2 that first got me browsing this site. Now this was almost about a year ago, and this site was just so massively huge that I prefered to be at LP where it was a much smaller community. I compare 2p2 and liquidpoker as city and village, the city has everything u would ever need, but can be hard to navigate, the village is much more personal and even though it doesnt have everything the city can offer, everyone contributes and makes the village work.

I had started lurking 3 or 4 months before I got an account, and stumbled across some great forums like psychology, bbv, and nvg. These forums were really great and each of them had all kinds of topics on everything, which is something I was never used to. I found myself browsing 2p2 more and more until I finally registered an account. My first couple posts were.......I dont even remember probably some "LOL" and "rigged" basic stupid newbie posts that when looking back seemed real dumb, but as a new member of 2p2 the best thing I thought I could do is start getting my name on peoples threads. For the first 1 or 2 weeks when I started posting I was hardly getting any reaction whatsoever out of people, I was pretty much being ignored.

At this point, I kinda stopped posting and just went back to lurking and reading the enormous amount of content that is spread across this site. Occasionally I would read something that really made me think and I would reply something along the lines of "well written", "very nice". I still wouldnt consider myself known, I was just another sub par one liner replier, but that didnt matter I was learning a lot from this site. I had always been a frequent lurker of bbv/bbv4life, and this is really where I started to become an active member of the group.

I had never tried to be fake or jump on bandwagons, although I did and still do get caught up in drama and hating on other people, I never seeked it out. I just kept being myself and always giving out my opinion, I have never been afraid to look at things in a different way and here and there I would write something that was out of the norm. Imo that is how I started gaining the respect of the forums that I frequented and posted in. I was not just going around making diss threads, and I definitely was not always agreeing with the more popular regular posters. I was just being myself and speaking on what I know, I now see myself as a well respected by a lot of 2p2, and I have made a lot of friends that I play with at the poker tables and talk to on AIM. I have moved from unknown to known and 2p2 is no longer a website forum to me, it is the place where all my E-friends are hanging out.

This post is dedicated to u guys and gals at the lounge where the majority is a tad older than me, but I feel u frequent 2p2 for the same reason I do. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Also let me hear your story of why u are 2p2.