Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 02:13 AM

Default John Duthie - calls 19k all-in with Queen High

Pauly at Tao of Poker mentioned a rumor about a sick hand in the cash games at the Rio last night. I tracked down Duthie and got the lowdown.

There are rumors out there about this hand and I’m setting the record straight after speaking with multiple players at the table including the man who made the play himself, EPT founder John Duthie.

The game was 50/100 NL with a 200 Ante from the button, and 30k minimum buyin. John Duthie raised from the CO to 400 and the button, only identified as David (more due to Duthie's memory than identity protection), called on the button.

The flop came A92 rainbow, and Duthie checked. David bet 1500 into a 1300 pot, and Duthie check-raised to 4500. David called. The turn was another Ace and Duthie checked again. David pushed all in for around 20k (Duthie says 23k, others say 19k, we’ll hedge our bets and say 20), and Duthie called in a shot, flipping over Q4o with Queen High, no draw. David flipped over J8o and missed his 6 outs on the river.

“Sickest thing I’ve ever seen. EVER!” one player said.

Full post: http://www.expertinsight.net/blog/?p=82
Old 07-10-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: John Duthie - calls 19k all-in with Queen High

last week, i was playing in an 8/16 game @ hawaiian and saw someone check call down all the way with Q high, it was good. sickest thing ive ever seen. the guy was either really brilliant or really dumb.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: John Duthie - calls 19k all-in with Queen High

[ QUOTE ]
last week, i was playing in an 8/16 game @ hawaiian and saw someone check call down all the way with Q high, it was good. sickest thing ive ever seen. the guy was either really brilliant or really dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way he gets that unbolded is if he says something after the hand that doesn't end up on this thread