Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 07:39 PM

Default In The Market For a Soda Fountain. Help?

Hey guys. I'm looking to buy a soda fountain, and I'm having trouble finding info on it.

I found this one that looks pretty good, but then it talks about hooking it up to a water line and stuff. Others that don't come with a CO2 tank talk about hooking it up to CO2 lines. I don't know much about how difficult this stuff is.

Also, I'm looking to set it up in my office on a day that no one's there (like 2 days a week) as a suprise, so I don't know much about our water line system, I can't ask about it, and it's not really mine to mess around with.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: In The Market For a Soda Fountain. Help?

You will need:
waste line, water line, co2 tank and lines, syrup tanks and lines, chiller, ice. And then it will need to be cleaned and adjusted regularly. have fun.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:47 PM

If you will be regularily purchaing the syrup, coke or pepsi, will usually cut you a good deal on the equipment, call a local sales rep. If you buy a lot of syrup/co2, they will sometimes give it to you for free, but I doubt you will do that much volume in your situation.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you will be regularily purchaing the syrup, coke or pepsi, will usually cut you a good deal on the equipment, call a local sales rep. If you buy a lot of syrup/co2, they will sometimes give it to you for free, but I doubt you will do that much volume in your situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we won't drink that much for sure.

I'm much more interested in ease than cost. I'm worried about this stuff:

[ QUOTE ]

You will need:
waste line, water line, co2 tank and lines, syrup tanks and lines, chiller, ice. And then it will need to be cleaned and adjusted regularly. have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I hire someone to take care of all of this pretty easily, or is it a huge process? Maybe I'll run it by my boss and it'll be a suprise to everyone else.