Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 04:33 PM

Default WCOOP Super Satellite payout

I played a WCOOP re-buy super satellite on Stars the other night for a seat to the main event. The seat is worth $2600.

So, they were giving out 1 seat for every $2600 in the prize pool. The prize pool had $9381 in it so they gave out 3 seats so there was $1581 odd dollars.

So how did they distribute the odd money? 4th through 20th each got $93. maybe it's sour grapes because I finished 4th but this seems like insanity to me that in a tourney with 93 starters that a) 20th deserves the same prize as 4th and b) that they would even compensate that many places.

Is this the norm for on-line satellites?
Old 08-23-2006, 04:58 PM

Default Re: WCOOP Super Satellite payout

Stars super-satellites have weird pay-outs for the remaining cash and I can never figure out how they do it.

Sometimes it all goes to the bubble player even if it's a huge chunk.
Other times it is less than 50% the entry-fee for the top 30% of the field or something odd.

I have no idea why some satellites are so top-heavy with the remaining cash while others practically divide it to a couple of pennies for a few dozen people.

I played one satellite over a year ago where 1-3 got the $650 seat (W$650) and 4th place got the remaining cash of $635 or something.
Finishing in 4th was actually better because $635 in cash is worth more than $650 in W$.
But I 'accidentally' finished in the top 3.