Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Questions regarding Sklansky bucks calculation...

I was wondering on how to do a Sklansky bucks calculation of a given hold 'em hand but couldn't find good references.
Let's make an example hand up...

Assume players A, B & C. Stack sizes irrelevent.

Player A post small blind $1, B posts big $2.

Hole cards:
A: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
B: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
C: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop is C raises to $10, both A & B call.

Equities (apx.):
A[67]: 20%
B[22]: 20%
C[AA]: 60%
Pot: $30

Common sense says that because C has equity of 60% on a $30 pot ($18), and has invested $10, then C profits $8 and A, B lose $4 each.
Is this wrong?
Additionaly - do we substract the amount of blind money from money lost for both blinds?

Let's take an imaginary flop.

4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

A checks, B checks, C bets $20, A & B call $20.

Equities, considering all players see turn & river are apx.:
A: 30% ($27)
B: 65% ($58.5)
C: 5% ($4.5)
Pot: $90

It is clear that C loses most of his bet. It also seems that A (spade draw) profits 7 sklansky bucks just for calling. But what about B (set)? Considering the fact that C loses most of his bet, A profits a bit, how can B profit more than the left-overs of C's lost bet? Should the money already in the pot change the calculation and if so is it correct to simply say that for this street B profits 38.5 sklansky bucks? This seems akward to me so I'd like to hear your opinions/corrections on that.

The imaginary turn...

4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

A checks, B checks, C checks.

Equities:
A: 75% ($65~)
B: 25% ($25~)
C: 0%

On this street no money is invested and player A with newly made flush does not bet to protect his hand. To protect it, player A has to bet at least half the pot ($45). The question is: how much sklanksy bucks does player A lose?

Computing sklansky dollars for last street decisions seems simple (should diregard money already in pot IMO, correct me if I am wrong though).

Does this method compute or am I way off here? Also, and more importantly - what are good references for this subject?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Questions regarding Sklansky bucks calculation...

Bump. Anyone?