Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Poker Academy Prospector review in CP

The latest issue of CardPlayer (10/24/07) has a review of PAP, and it is very positive (I would post a link, but it's not in the online version yet). The review makes it sound like a must-have piece of software for any online player, but unfortunately it doesn't compare or it to (or even mention) any of its competitors like PokerTracker. It would seem that for the benefits/features it describes, PT already includes most of them (and PT 3 will include the others, such as graphing).

Has anyone done a direct comparison of PAP, PT, and Holdem Manager? It's too bad that the CP article didn't do this. I have read the other threads regarding PAP, and the few opinions I saw regarding PAP were less glowing than the CP article.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Poker Academy Prospector review in CP

I think PAP is great software. Very very ad-hoc the two biggest things that come to my mind (in comparison to poker tracker):

PLUS: PAP is faster, I have improted 1 million for about half an hour. It could be that it is the same with poker tracker but i simply don't know how to tune it - simply when I had to import many hands with poker tracker, it was terribly slow.

MINUS: The hand import routine is quite fragile. You will usually not have problems in the normal case (except that less sites are supported) but e.g. I used pacific/hand grabber/->party poker convertor to import in PAP and even additional space or very minor thing will lead to import failure (with no explanation).
Old 11-06-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Poker Academy Prospector review in CP

Link to CardPlayer article