Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 02:48 AM

Default 10/20 hu hand

playing hu on wpex vs ok player. there was a big fish sitting and i started to play hu but then this dude jumpes in aand stacked the fish with an overpair vs fish's tp no kicker. he hasnt 3 bet me yet but i have been playing very very passive so far in our short hu match. i been folding the button alot and my normal game is to raise the button alot hu.he hasn't been that aggressive but its early in the match. what other options do i have once i get this flop fold or all in?
i pretty much have his range on AA-jj, ak,aq. i usually wont try and bluff people off overpairs but his is one of the worst flops ever for one of them.
World Sports Exchange (WSEX) - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $10/$20 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

BB: $3482
<font color="black">Hero (SB): $2288</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $65</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $220</font>, Hero calls $155

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($440) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $388</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2068</font>,
Old 04-24-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Re: 10/20 hu hand

why would you ever fold your button hu assuming you are sb also getting 3:1?
Old 04-24-2007, 04:09 AM

the problem with this raise is that it really does reek of some sort of combo draw so i doubt he's going to fold an overpair... i'd almost like raising a smaller amount (obviously you'd end up pricing yourself in if he did shove) but I think that flat calling the flop could also be a good idea, you are in position and may be able to make a more credible semi bluff
Old 04-24-2007, 04:15 AM

Yeah, he's not gonna fold an overpair, but you're probably winning enough here anyways...
Old 04-24-2007, 04:17 AM

I hate this for the reasons that emil stated. If he has AK/AQ, he's probably shutting down on most turns and an overpair isn't folding.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:31 AM

That went thru my head. 2 things with flat calling. One hope he checks a big pair on turn and two hope he doesn't double barrell ak aq. But if turn goes chk chk and river I miss or I hit set and he bets I fold or might call with a set. Turn bet I fold. If the flop had a flush draw on it I'll b more likly to just call flop.
I know pushing flop reeks of a draw or 2 pair but I have been playing pretty passivly.a push might get him to fold a pair and str8(j10 if he was getting frisky rr it pre. or maybe AJ) draw himself instead of raising small and letting him push over me. I feel he folds aa more than jj here,air and def 1 pairs hands made with the board. I don't think he ever has a str8 or a set this one hand.
If I just call flop I give the hands I beat a chance to catch up and I will be very unlikly to get paid off if I hit unless he bluffs into me or thinks I am bluffing somehow with worse than 1 pair on a rainbow board where only draw hits.
All things being equal even with a small chance he folds a big pair here. I feel a push is the best line given what I think has. has.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:51 AM

definitely flatcall here imo, he is absolutely never folding an overpair, and your flop flatcall can actually look scarier than a shove. you can showdown cheap or rep some fun things on later streets.

both of your guys images are pretty passive so you need to give him some respect in the beginning and aim to play a little more straight up to see where the flow of the game is going. then you can open your game up. but this guy is never, ever folding an overpair. guarantee.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:00 AM

this is so incredibly standard, its not like you have 54 here..
Old 04-24-2007, 05:08 AM

Well I could call with a hand like A 10, A9, 55 that might be good and play the str8 if it hits just in case those hands are not good but I think that's bad with really having the str8 draw/set draw with me thinking he has a 1 pair hand and him probably going to fold to a scary turn. If he calls with AA kk has to think he is close to flipping or 25 to win or worst. I do think he will fold an overpair once inawhile on this board.
If we call and turn comes a jack and he bets...( he would have to fold aq on flop)
Turn comes a 7 and he bets....
Old 04-24-2007, 05:18 AM

Its like this.
If I had 34s on a board of js 5s 3. And I really thought the other person had a big pair in a rr pot or ak aq. I would call to hit. But that's only because if I move all in he will call because I can only rep a set that beats him.
On this board I can have 2 pair which I can rep a lot ez'er with an all in.