Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 05:49 PM

Default BLOG: T-God

Who wants to read my blog?

SIKE! YOU'RE ALREADY READING IT SUCKAZ!

Anyway, as discussed in the ATF thread DieCarter is allowing only ONE special poster to have a trial poker blog in The Lounge. Since this is The Lounge, I suggest you all read this first.

Here's my current situation: I used to be good at poker. Now I am not. Basically from January 2006 (when I started NL) to August 2006 I did quite well building at the mistakes games on Party. After August I started getting burned out and not playing alot of hands every month. This wasn't a big problem since I still made a decent amount of money. Then last winter I found some soft high stakes games (which have since closed) and December and January were both record months despite me still being lazy at getting hands in (~$30k and ~$40-50k respectively). I was up 80k at one point in January but had a downswing towards the end that made me want to quit playing so high. So I decided to 9-table 2/4 at Party instead, hoping for some stress-free grinding money. This went very poorly. I dropped like 8 buy-ins after grinding for a few days straight (20k hands). This was very annoying so I took even more time off and had 0 motivation. Then I tried the same thing at 1/2 and it went just as well. I think the problem is that I am unable to play that many tables well. Here's a nice graph/PT shot of that period of time: here . That straight line just keeps goin' if you want an updated graph.

I'm currently 4tabling 1/2nl trying to re-build. I'm still rolled for much higher but if I can't beat 1/2 then what's the point?

So if you read all that, then you know where I'm at right now. I plan on updating this thread with graphs, HHs and my thoughts when they come to me. It will either turn out well and I'll move back up to mid-stakes or you all get to see a trainwreck. GL me.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: BLOG: T-God

Good luck. So, you're planning on putting all your updates in here?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:11 PM

T-God,

I would be particularly interested in hearing from you about interesting threads across 2+2 that you participate in. That out of the way...

Are you still playing at Party?

Can you tell us a bit about you personally?

Thanks for doing this...
Old 05-10-2007, 06:33 PM

Of all the people who play poker, and all the forums they talk about it in, I am curious why DB chose you in particular to put a blog here. No offense, just curious.

Also curious why a blog of any kind is here, to top that off.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of all the people who play poker, and all the forums they talk about it in, I am curious why DB chose you in particular to put a blog here. No offense, just curious.

Also curious why a blog of any kind is here, to top that off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg, he was the 1st to volunteer [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

On a serious note: Of all the currently existing forums, this is likely the best for this type of experiment, though I think Carter should have opened it to anyone, rather than limiting it to only one!

Blog posts tend to be well thought out posts of the type the Lounge is designed for.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:39 PM

A whiles back, Mat designated this forum the one to try new things in, and possibly to seed new forums. Whilst things never really worked out that way, he's not changed that view as far as I know.

There was talk of a blog forum in AtF, and I suggested that one poster may run a blog in here as a trial, which may be then shown to Mat to help see if a 'blog forum' was a potential winner.

T-God asked if he could, he seemed enthusiastic (which I think is very important in terms of it actually working) and as I know him as a poster for some time, it seemed fine by me. I welcome him blogging about other life stuff too, if he wants to.

However, this is the only blog to run in this forum, and we'll see how it goes.

Okay, enough hijacking, any more discussion on the whys and wherefors of this should go in the B&S thread from now, and the rest of the thread is for blogging and discussing what's in the blog.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:53 PM

So what are your goals?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
T-God,

I would be particularly interested in hearing from you about interesting threads across 2+2 that you participate in. That out of the way...

Are you still playing at Party?

Can you tell us a bit about you personally?

Thanks for doing this...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what you mean in the first one. You mean like link to threads from other forums that might be interesting?

I am still playing at Party for the most part. A little bit of Crypto but at 1/2 the games are all the same and Party has nice withdrawl options.

About me personally: I'm a 21 year-old poker pro/psychology student living in Saskatchewan. My hair is short. I have a cat. My apartment gets disturbingly hot during the summer so I don't like it here. I really like eating cereal and drinking wine. FWIW, I'm not going to be making this into a life-blog type of thing. I'll probably stray from poker to talk about music or movies or something but mostly this will be about that devil-game.

Blarg, I think I was the only one who asked [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. My goals are to keep grinding 4 tables for 4 hours 6 days a week and move up gradually. I lost my game like I said and am re-learning alot right now. My instincts were off my my play was rusty when I started getting into playing again so hopefully as I rediscover these things I can help some other people out, or at least provide some insight into the game. I'm not setting any monetary goals; all I want to do is put in the effort and go where that takes me.

Thanks for the questions. I'm thinking the best way to approach this is to update every couple of days with a graph and some hand histories along with my thoughts. I'll be doing the first update tomorrow when I'm done playing.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what you mean in the first one. You mean like link to threads from other forums that might be interesting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes... its a part of who you are... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 10:35 PM

Hi T-God. It's good to see you in the lounge. I enjoy graphs and charts. Colored pictures are nice too. I look forward to your blog.