Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 10:43 PM

Default tpgk turn spot

button is laggy, 38/22, competent postflop and sometimes gets a bit out of line.

standard calldown given that and pot size?

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7SB, 3 players)
hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.5BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, hero calls, UTG calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12.5BB, 3 players)
hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, hero calls, UTG folds.

Results:
Final pot: 14.5BB
Old 06-03-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Re: tpgk turn spot

if utg can ever fold for 2 more im 3betting preflop, but aside from that....

he can have AQ Q9 maybe TT. i think that's about it really because UTG is in on the flop and i feel like TP+ gets fastplayed.

probably a river fold but river play doesn't matter very much in big pots so maybe you should just call and pray for a split.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:10 PM

Meh, AK/KJ plays like this all day. Agree re: pf/river.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:15 AM

I 3-bet preflop.

If UTG or BB calls you have an eq edge of the money going in. (I guess). If they fold you are creating dead money.

I think I need to learn to fold these rivers. Thinking about it, the turn call is prolly not as easy as it looks. (Not that I ever fold)
Old 06-04-2007, 04:20 AM

on the turn i feel like i'm behind more than i'm ahead, but i had the oesd for some outs if behind, and some pair outs might be good too?

raising into the protected (is that the right term right?) pot like that just made alarm bells go off.

and yea is this a totally standard 3bet pf? against a lag i am more comfy 3betting aj/at here because i have a bit more showdown value.

i guess i need to open up more still!
Old 06-04-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and yea is this a totally standard 3bet pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think its easy at all. I would never raise KJs in that spot.

[ QUOTE ]
on the turn i feel like i'm behind more than i'm ahead, but i had the oesd for some outs if behind, and some pair outs might be good too?

raising into the protected (is that the right term right?) pot like that just made alarm bells go off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are drawing slim a lot more often than you might think. Button has a set or AQ/Q9 pretty often and UTG will be sitting with some of your outs a lot as well.

Not that I am ever folding. But at first sight it looks like Hero has a nice bit of eq on the turn and some players just starting out would prolly even 3-bet it. (I know I would a year ago). But Hero is in pretty bad shape and praying for KJ or AK