Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Two Bay 101 20/40 hands

See my previous post for an explanation of this screen name if you care.

20/40 game is loose and passive. Mostly weak fish, and a couple tight nitty props. I have a pretty solid image and have shown down some strong hands. Also have jammed some draws on the flop in big multi way pots.

Fish limps UTG, older white male prop limps in CO/button. He has been running bad and grumbling about bad beats. Played a flush draw very aggressively on the flop an orbit ago hu with a fish. I raise KK in the BB. Both Call

Flop is T95r. Bet, call, call.

Turn K. Bet, fold, raise. I three bet, he makes it 4. Who goes to 5 town?

Same game 30 min. later is 4 or 5 handed. I have played aggressively short handed and taken the last two pots without showing down.

Button is a very aggressive asian guy (name may have been something like Sudo).

UTG limps , button raises, sb folds, I three bet black JJ from the BB, utg calls, button caps.

Flop is 894 two clubs.

I lead, fish calls, villain raises, I three bet, fish folds, villain 4 bets, I call.

Turn T (offsuit) I check, button checks?

How the heck to I play the river???

Edited to tell you guys my hand in hand 1 Duh
Old 08-08-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Two Bay 101 20/40 hands

what do you hold in hand 1
Old 08-08-2007, 10:30 AM

thx
Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 AM

Given the read, I see a river in hand 1 before I put anymore action in.

In hand 2, I check/call the river unless I make my straight, in which I lead out. Villain is just as likely to make a stab at the pot again if he has something like AK/AQ as he is to calldown with it if the river blanks off. It sucks getting raise on the river too. Get to showdown.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:49 AM

hand 1, does villain like to make free card plays? in your read you mentioned that he played a draw very aggressively. I would discount TJ somewhat for this reason.
I would 5bet on the turn, but I only play online with a 4 bet cap.

hand 2 I would c/r the flop. our hand is vulnerable so we would like to push the fish off of hands like an overcard with backdoor draws, or even a small pair if he can make that laydown.

with your read on button being very aggressive I would expect him to cbet with his whole range (am I wrong?), but his raising range is weighted towards hands that have you beat
Old 08-08-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the read, I see a river in hand 1 before I put anymore action in.

In hand 2, I check/call the river unless I make my straight, in which I lead out. Villain is just as likely to make a stab at the pot again if he has something like AK/AQ as he is to calldown with it if the river blanks off. It sucks getting raise on the river too. Get to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed
Old 08-08-2007, 11:14 AM

Hand 1 he has the nuts.

Hand 2 bet any non-club non A/K river. He will have a flush draw here like, always. You could check-call, but I don't like to show my opps my hands for free.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:59 AM

Hand 1: Hello QJ. Do not raise again, you need the board to pair.

Hand 2: Sudo is tricky and aggressive, he probably has a club draw or straight draw, maybe AK. I'd check/call on a club river, and bet all other blanks for value.

edit: on hand 2, I agree w/ the guy who said checkraising the flop is a better plan than leading out.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:02 PM

hand 1: BTN is not likely to hold pT or p9, bc most guys would raise that isht up pre flop, so his range consists of the following combinations we beat:
p5: 3
T9: 9
KT: 3
K9: 3

whichs adds up to 18 combos (left K5 out on purpose)

there are 16 combos of QJ that beat us, so it's about a 50-50 shot whether we're ahead or not, although lots of guys get afraid of monsters real quick and get scared to 4-bet their 2 pair, which increases the likelihood of him actually holding teh nuts

if we go 5, villain will only go 6 on us with QJ, so we can call and c/f river ui, which is rather impossible with top set, getting 17.5:1

basically, by not going 5, we give up 1bb in value when we're ahead, but save ourselves 2bb when we're behind and since it's about even whether we're behind or not, (actually, I'd guess we're behind more often), I'd just call his 4-bet

this is of course not entirely correct bc we have a chance to fill up on the river, so we're actually saving ourselves only ~1.6bb when behind

otoh, we might get away with a river c/r when we fill, if we only call villain's 4-bet

so yeah, I'd just call and wouldn't go 5 on the turn

hand 2: this is highly read dependent, but if he's that aggressive I'm going to say bet/call a blank river for value bc he should have a pretty wide range
Old 08-08-2007, 12:59 PM

I'd bet the river in hand one (and would've bet the turn).

I would not go to five turn bets against the prop in hand two, even shorthanded.