Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 05:09 PM

Default xpost from uNL theory: implied odds

ok so this hand happened against a fishy player blah blah suckout whatever. i dont mind about the bad beat but it got me thinking about implied odds a bit.

after the hand he said i knew you had a pair. so if he knows that and he hits his dream flop, as he did, hes goin to double up through me.

now my feelings on the hand are fine because i dont mind the call. hes probably stacking off with just a jack anyways. but the question comes in when you have a hand you know is dominated and you are a big underedog, when does it become profitable to make a bad preflop call in order to gain enough implied odds to make it favorable.

if we look at this hand i am a 4:1 favorite so his call preflop is 10:18 effectively, but implied if he knows im going to stack off hes really calling 10:68

so if he plans on seeing all 5 cards it would seem that his play would mathematically be correct.

i stand by my play and the flop overbet regardless of results and i think it was the correct play. but id like to hear some comments on his.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $12.90
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $88.75</font>
UTG: $49.10
MP: $59.45
CO: $49.70
BTN: $21.45

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $2.00</font>, CO calls $2.00, BTN folds, SB calls $1.75, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00</font>, MP folds, CO calls $10.00, SB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($28) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $76.75</font>, CO calls all-in for $37.70
Uncalled bet of $39.05 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($103.40) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($103.40) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $103.40 ($3 Rake)

CO had 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a full house, Jacks full of Fours) and WON (+$50.70)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Jacks) and LOST (-$49.70)