Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Bottom two facing heat

I was taking a shot at a 400nl game, I open this cause the game had been playing conservative pf and not 3betting light (its prob marginal but w/e). Villain is nitty 15/12 and seems pretty passive, earlier he flat called a c-bet in position with the nut flush draw on the flop. Whats my action and y? Dunno y text is red btw, doesnt mean I bet or anything.

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $409.35
BB: $374.50
UTG: $235.90
Hero (MP): $675.20
CO: $506.40
BTN: $425.95

Pre-Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $14, 2 folds

Flop: ($34) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red"> Hero bets $27, <font color="red"> BTN raises to $80, Hero?

If u call, what do u do if turn is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?, what about the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? thx, who thinks the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] might actually give us a better chance at winning this hand depending on his actions?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Bottom two facing heat

you have top 2 yo
Old 11-13-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you have top 2 yo

[/ QUOTE ]

So u recommend shoving? Hes nitty pf, so 96s is not too likely and I dont even know if 64s is but probably at least some of the time - do u think he does this with tens (which r almost never calling a push)? I think he would 3bet jacks+ pf and he played that other draw passively earlier - so i dunno. If u still think its an easy shove - what if i had 64?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:56 AM

any other comments? o ya, and sry, its top two not bottom two, just realized the title error and that thats what praetor was referring to.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:08 AM

either 3bet to 220 or shove, whichever you prefer/do more often. Do the same with 64.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
either 3bet to 220 or shove, whichever you prefer/do more often. Do the same with 64.

[/ QUOTE ]

can u elaborate on y?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:29 AM

Damn nits.

If he's passive with draws, then his flop raise is either overpair or a set. I'd call and crai a blank turn.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn nits.

If he's passive with draws, then his flop raise is either overpair or a set. I'd call and crai a blank turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about bet/calling blank turns in case he mixed his play up with a draw and will check it behind/get value from tp or tens which might check behind the turn (dunno if he raises flop with these though)?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn nits.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good plan but im 3betting wiht my image
i would imagine since you are opening this from HJ or where ever that you have a similar image...
Old 11-13-2007, 04:08 AM

if you are confused about what to do here, you shouldn't be playing 96hh. this is a draw-heavy board, so there are many legitimate hands you are ahead of here. i almost always 3-bet here, and effective stack sizes pretty much make this is a push. if villain has a set, that's unfortunate for you. telling us that villain is 15/12 doesn't give useful information unless you qualify the number of hands you have. if the sample is small, it's possible that villain has been card dead and possibly a little desperate to play a hand, which makes his button calling range wider.