Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 09:37 AM

Default questions for sbrugby or others re poker living

1. How much do top pro's make from playing NL cash games? (annualy and in terms of BI per hour)

2. Obviously since poker is a (less the rake) a zero sum game many of the players at the top limits are losing players ...why do they continue....are they winning players at lower stakes or are they simply gamblers? Are any of the famous poker players i.e., Gus Hanson etc. losers at the big games?

3. What are the most relevant natural skills to be a successful high limit (NL) poker player (rank in order of improtance)? i.e, mathematical computation, pattern recognition, discipline etc.

4. What are the differences between a successful 2-4 NL, 20-40 NL -200-400 NL player?

5. I have dabbled playing poker over last five years various limits (mostly limit ...more recently NL....up 100K or so (in total)...have read several books...finished first in mathematics at a well known university....was considering playing poker for a living.....current income close to $1M/yr...so find it difficult to take game seriously when playing low stakes. Do you suggest that I stay at low limits and graduate to higher...if so when to move to next level.....or would I learn substantially faster starting at say 25-50
Old 06-24-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: questions for sbrugby or others re poker living

1st
Old 06-24-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: questions for sbrugby or others re poker living

mm wrong forum
Closed Thread