Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 12:40 AM

Default 15-30 late night canterbury

game is purely bad...it seems like 6/9 people are just to tired to care what is goin on so they are either limping every hand or folding. Very little preflop raising except from me. My image is pretty solid but in the past orbit iive been pretty aggressive and have dragged a couple pots w/o showdown. Prior to the hand in question the villian commented on how "i couldnt possibly have a hand everytime".....

villians range preflop is too wide to comprehend- ive seen him limp UTG with evertyhing from j2 os to AK, because AK never wins for him

MP is total unknown but has done nothing remotely intelligent and has seen almost every flop, then folded or check called down.

the hand
one limp in MP
i raise OTB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
villian calls from BB
MP calls

flop: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
villian leads, MP calls, I call with the intention or raising pretty much any turn

turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
villian leads, MP again calls, I raise-- both call

river: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
villain leads ?, MP calls, I again raise on the belief that villian is betting purely because he calling BS that i have a 9-- im not worried in the least bit about MPs holdings.

am i hemorrhaging money on this river or is there value in this raise
flame away
Old 01-21-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: 15-30 late night canterbury

I think you need a much better read to try this. It takes a special kind of fish to put in 4 BB on the turn/river without being a favorite to at least chop with you. Not saying its not possible, just it usually won't happen enough.

Against typical loose fish, it is more likely somebody has 88 or a 9 or a weaker 7 that won't pay off the raise.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:24 AM

I think any hand that can call the raise on the river is beating you, so no I don't see value in this raise.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:27 AM

I actually like it, because I see this ridiculous river donk all the time with just a 7 in this game. If u could name the particular opponent that would be helpful, because I probably know him. If he 3 bets you have to fold, and I think this is a slightly thin raise, but this type of opponent will pay off with a 7 or pp always.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:09 AM

in my original post i forgot to mention that i fold with little hesitation to a three bet..
villian is cas/caz, really laggy and all over the map in general
Old 01-21-2007, 10:22 AM

I don't see any real value here in raising. I like the flop/turn play quite a bit, now it's time to call and expect to win a good portion of the time.
It is good you're planning to fold to a 3 bet, but I'd still just call the river.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:57 AM

I think you are being too aggresive for a live game.

"You can't possibly have a hand everytime" usually means that he's going to start calling you down, it doesn't mean "I'm going to try and outplay you"

He played it like he has a crappy 9. I think a river overcall is ok but a raise seems like a spew.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:22 PM

i doubt a worse hand calls the river raise. he has to be a special kind of idiot to call your turn raise and then donk/call the river without having you beat.

you seem to not worry at all about mp, but villain likely has noticed that he is still in the pot and he doesn't seem to care. i think that is bad news for you.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:30 PM

Yikes missed MP. That makes a huge difference. I think its fine in a hea up blind steal situation, but with another player in I dont like it at all.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:17 AM

to be honest MP really didnt seem to have a clue what was goin on
he was constantly calling down on very dry boards, then mucking
his vpip was huge and he has rebought several times without showing signs of worry-- i have a sneaking suspicion he is retarded,
if we are just worrying about the villian which i think is safe to do, how often are we good calling his river bet? how often are we good if he calls this raise?