Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 05:05 PM

Default Explodes on the turn

Figured I did not have the best hand on the flop, so a check behind was allright. How to handle the turn? I know that MP2 is super-passive which scares me (AF 0.5 after 200 hands). But I canīt fold this?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) CP hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG+2 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (6.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (14.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB
Old 02-27-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Explodes on the turn

[ QUOTE ]
I know that MP2 is super-passive which scares me (AF 0.5 after 200 hands).

[/ QUOTE ]

I want more than stats in this situation. But, if that's all you have, the call down is just fine. You'll see a worse king or busted flush draw often enough.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:57 PM

The board is extremely scary and super-passive guy wakes up and raises the turn. I think this is an easy fold.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:14 PM

Is MP2 passive enough to call 2 cold PF with QT? And passive enough to not bet an OESD? Or passive enough to just call 2 cold with AK and not 3 bet? Maybe KJs, but would he really check the flop with TPGK? I doubt he picked up a flush draw and Mr. Passive suddenly decided to raise it. I'm really thinking another AK at this point, but fearful of QT since he woke up.

I think I would have bet the flop as a continuation bet too, let everyone think I 3 bet with a high pocket pair, checking to close the action here screams "I have Large Broadway that just missed!" I'd rather be check-raised here than the turn, and I'd rather see how much people like their hands now instead of being bet into on the turn. If I'm raising and especially 3-betting PF I don't like to let my foot up off of the gas till someone shows me agression in return.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:32 PM

It looks like somebody hit their set or something that beats top pair, I don't know that calling 2 with tptk on this coordinated a board is a long range +EV thing. Hard to fold though and I might call it down and be mad that someone called my 3-bet bf with KJo.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:50 PM

The hand was essentially lost on the flop. Hero 3-bets preflop, goes silent on the flop and then becomes a calling station. UTG1 and MP2 don't care about him. UTG1 might have KK or JJ. Would MP2 call a UTG raise with QTs? Or KJ? How solid is UTG1?

Tough hand.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:38 PM

What I would like here is VP$IP for mp2. I understand he is passive but it changes things a lot to know how often he is seeing the flop. I don't see a LP getting in with 10q here far fetched at all. In fact, same stakes yesterday with the same general board my AK got crushed by 10q when a river jack fell. He called a raise preflop, probably not expecting a reraise, and given the call by first bettor he easily could call with a mediocre hand. We identified him as passive so he probably would love the free card on the flop. Then when the possible straight comes he starts betting. My guess is 2p or straight on the turn. How did it actually finish?
Old 02-27-2006, 10:35 PM

This may be crazy, but I wonder if we can 3-bet this turn for a free SD. We'd be putting up the same amount. If we put him on a weak K we get more $, and if he has 2 pair, we can improve on the river. The only problem would be in the UTG+1 is super aggro, or MP2 has a straight, it gets capped. If MP2 caps it here, then we probably have to figure him for two pair or a straight, and fold the river UI.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:52 PM

*Grunch*

Standard 3-bet PF.

I think you need a continuation bet here to improve your chances. You are giving up info and letting everyone take a free card. Even if you only have 3 outs the odds are still there when at least one player calls. Hand plays different from here.

The way you played it and your read says to me a fold is best. You are going to be getting a little better than 3.8 to 1 if you call with at best 3 clean outs probably less. MP2 could very easily have 2 pair here.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:33 AM

Ok thnx for replies. UTG+1 had KJ and MP2 had QT for the straight.