Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Worst Presidents

Was LBK's thread on Bush II locked because of its inflammatory nature or because there is an inherent problem with the question?

I ask this because although the manner in which it was posed was certainly inflammatory I would be very interested in a thread on who people think the worst presidents were and why
Old 03-15-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Worst Presidents

I think LBK's thread was locked because it:

1) Was one-line and had little to no content
2) What little content was posted merely consisted of a question where the answer was presupposed ("Isn't George Bush the worst president evr?!? ZOMG he so is, let's expand it worldwide! [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] )
3) The presupposed answer wasn't accompanied by an argument.

As always, style points matter. It's certainly not the case that 'worst president' discussion, or the 'George W. Bush is the worst president' discussion hasn't occured here numerous times before -- it has. LBK just framed the question/debate so inanely that hardly anyone could take it seriously. I don't think it was as inflammatory as much as it appeared to be a post that could have been copied directly from a passage written in a teenage girl's diary.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:29 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post5522401

EDIT: I would post more, but since I've posted my opinion about this over six months ago, I might get banned for being "repetitive."
Old 03-15-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think LBK's thread was locked because it:

1) Was one-line and had little to no content
2) What little content was posted merely consisted of a question where the answer was presupposed ("Isn't George Bush the worst president evr?!? ZOMG he so is, let's expand it worldwide! [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] )
3) The presupposed answer wasn't accompanied by an argument.

As always, style points matter. It's certainly not the case that 'worst president' discussion, or the 'George W. Bush is the worst president' discussion hasn't occured here numerous times before -- it has. LBK just framed the question/debate so inanely that hardly anyone could take it seriously. I don't think it was as inflammatory as much as it appeared to be a post that could have been copied directly from a passage written in a teenage girl's diary.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean to tell me there is actually an argument for him not being the worst? I would love to respond to anyone who thinks he's a good president. I'm being dead honest here. I will respond back point for point. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2007, 04:33 PM

Because if its inflammatory nature. Obviously, a discussion of the skill of world leaders is fine, but his thread represented trolling.

I'm getting tired of locking threads, so lets turn this thread into a discussion. Here are some world leaders I don't like, handicapping them for their country's poverty.

Bush
Steven Harper, Canada
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iran
King Saud, Saudi Arabia
Hugo Chavez, Venezuela
Vladimir Putin, Russia
Old 03-15-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean to tell me there is actually an argument for him not being the worst? I would love to respond to anyone who thinks he's a good president. I'm being dead honest here. I will respond back point for point. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not necessary for one to show that he is "good" in order to say he's "not the worst". DUCY?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because if its inflammatory nature. Obviously, a discussion of the skill of world leaders is fine, but his thread represented trolling.

I'm getting tired of locking threads, so lets turn this thread into a discussion. Here are some world leaders I don't like, handicapping them for their country's poverty.

Bush
Steven Harper, Canada
King Saud, Saudi Arabia
Hugo Chavez, Venezuela
Vladimir Putin, Russia

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously Omar al-Bashir is the world's worst leader. I don't think this is open for debate. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:44 PM

Can't say that I agree with you, but only because I've enever heard of him. So I suppose it is open for debate.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bush
Steven Harper, Canada
King Saud, Saudi Arabia
Hugo Chavez, Venezuela
Vladimir Putin, Russia

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously Omar al-Bashir is the world's worst leader. I don't think this is open for debate. Maybe I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which country in Africa has that complete moronic leader that took all the land from the farmers and now everyone is starving? Zimbabwe?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but only because I've enever heard of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iron for mod!