Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2007, 04:11 PM

Default A5 Blind Steal Live 10/20 Motor City

Started playing live a bit in the summer and this is a hand where I thought I should have put one more bet in on a big street.

Table is playing somewhat nitty compared to most live 10/20 games I've been in. Blinds are getting chopped 2-3 times per down. In this hand Button is a tight passive, SB is somewhat loose and very passive, and BB is the villian, a TAG who from what I've seen, seems to play his hands well and understands how to extract value from flop/turn combination play (if anything he tends to call threebets on the flop and raise turns with big hands too much rather than just capping the flop).

My image is super nitty.

Folded to me in the CO and I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB and BB both call.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me. I bet. SB calls. BB check raises. I three-bang. SB folds. BB calls

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked to me. I bet. BB check raises again. I think about threebetting but wuss out and call.

River 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
He bets. I call.

Now I'm pretty sure this is a spot where I should raise the river. (rather than the turn) What do you guys think?