Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 11:53 AM

Default AQ in a tough spot.

you play this the same. i debated the flop, i felt WA/WB. villian could be doing this with JJ or QQ, maybe JQ, or a strong club draw. if i was behind, raising was not going to do me any good so i just called. the three on the turn didnt change my position but i called, the J on the river either filled up the boat if he had JQ or pockets so i had to lay it down. perhaps a big bluff on a whiffed club draw but his timing said otherwise as it was instabet/instapush all throughout.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($2.50)
CO ($2.45)
Hero ($5.07)
SB ($4.10)
BB ($5)
UTG ($1.79)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.02.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.12</font>, SB calls $0.11, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.40) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.16</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.32</font>, Hero calls $0.32, SB folds.

Turn: ($1.20) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.56</font>, Hero calls $0.56.

River: ($2.32) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1.45 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.77
Old 04-17-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: AQ in a tough spot.

looking at his stats though, he was a very aggressive villian but played 40% of his hands so he could possibly be doing this with a strong Q or J or maybe some overcards, perhaps an 8x.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looking at his stats though, he was a very aggressive villian but played 40% of his hands so he could possibly be doing this with a strong Q or J or maybe some overcards, perhaps an 8x.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that settles it - call river.
Villain shows you KQ here a lot.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

to add even more variance into the situation, i only had 20 or so hands on him so his aggression that i have recorded might not matter. the hands afterwards were also fairly straightforward, i hadn't seen him get out of line which probably factors into me folding as well. i'll check to see what kind of hands he was showing down, that will shine more light.

i have seen him show three hands, KQs and won with two pair, K10o and lost with pair of 10's to a boat, Q8o and lost with a pair of Q.

i think i should have called now. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] his super agression scared me off, although he could have still had me beat and i just not know it.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:14 PM

I think i could let this go on the flop, youre only really beating KQ or AcXc - you could be drawing dead or very slim or at best a coinflip to a flush+gutshot draw, with sb still to act I fold and find a better spot.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

to add even more variance into the situation, i only had 20 or so hands on him so his aggression that i have recorded might not matter. the hands afterwards were also fairly straightforward, i hadn't seen him get out of line which probably factors into me folding as well. i'll check to see what kind of hands he was showing down, that will shine more light.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not really relevant what hands he showed you later. What matters is your impression of him at the time this hand happened.

I agree this is a tough spot, and you should expect to lose much of the time, but you get good odds and he will probably show you something stupid enough to call.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not really relevant what hands he showed you later. What matters is your impression of him at the time this hand happened.

I agree this is a tough spot, and you should expect to lose much of the time, but you get good odds and he will probably show you something stupid enough to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

you misunderstood those other hands i've seen him show, they were BEFORE this hand, however, im not sure if that changes anything by the way you described.

i did believe i had odds to call but i didnt feel like i had the winning hand. the question is, would his bet sizing have been different if he had a bigger stack? would i be facing a push on the river that meets or exceeds the pot?
Old 04-17-2007, 06:21 PM

fold flop without a strong read
20 hands is not enough for a strong read