Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 11:09 PM

Default HoH Starting Hands Chart

HoH Starting Hands Chart

Is there a printed chart or a text file that illustrate Harrington's starting hands selection Vol 1 p179 to 195?

I made a little chart for myself but it's a lot of work, it would be nice to have a global view of the starting hands selection until they're commited to my memory!

Or maybe there's another chart very similar or even better.

Any idea where I can find a good chart that stand on one sheet of paper?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: HoH Starting Hands Chart

[ QUOTE ]
HoH Starting Hands Chart

Is there a printed chart or a text file that illustrate Harrington's starting hands selection Vol 1 p179 to 195?

I made a little chart for myself but it's a lot of work, it would be nice to have a global view of the starting hands selection until they're commited to my memory!

Or maybe there's another chart very similar or even better.

Any idea where I can find a good chart that stand on one sheet of paper?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

there were charts around for SSHE but then i think 2p2 may have encouraged the posters to take them down... so basically i don't think they'll be much out there.

i'd appreciate it too, but isn't it a pretty limited number of hands? and it's basically pretty tight.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:39 AM

Okay, this is what i did and it works really really good.

If you are ever first in the pot, always raise it 3bb (unless we are in shoving mode). Chris ferguson suggests this, and it makes life soooo easy for you, and soooo hard for your opponents and the blinds.

People get zero info about your hand, so your monsters get paid off better as well

Then, you can forget about hoh raise 3-5bb, 40% call sort of stuff. KISS

You can limp behind limpers with your limping hands, but personally, i like another limper in first, and be near the button, so those nasty LP players dont raise me

Show respect for raisers, much more so than others.

Also, if you are playing for set value, you are much better off being the fourth or fifth player to call the raise, so you are not out of relative position when you hit your set.

Life gets a lot easier if you follow these simple rules!
Old 03-05-2007, 12:47 PM

On that last point, maybe it's just me but I'm finding playing limping hands pretty difficult because so many people are pulling the Limping the Raisers move from the blinds. So even with 2 limpers in front they are taking it away with a large raise. This is 6max mind.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:26 AM

If that is happening, then just stop limping, or make sure you are on the button/co.

Also, why not make the occasional play by raising pf and c betting into one or 2 opponents?

If you get rr, you are dead, and if someone calls after you who is not already in, give up after your cbet.

This works quite well for me!