Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2006, 09:51 PM

Default Underrated NFL Players

Note: I'm not including guys who are rated very highly by some and very lowly by others(example: Mike Vick). I'm talking about guys that I believe are universally underrated. Also I'm limiting my list to the skill position players on offense.

#5 Tiki Barber: 3 years ago he would've been #1 on my list. But then everyone realized that he was 'pretty good' and started rating him higher. But I don't think hes just 'pretty good'; I think hes great. In today's FF-oriented world of football, we way overvalue touchdowns and way undervalue total yards imo. Consider this: Tiki Barber ranks #2 in yards from scrimmage for a single season. Only Marshall Faulk ranks higher. He had more yards in a season than Walter Payton, Emmitt Smith, Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Terrell Davis, LT2, Jim Brown, all of them.

#4 Shaun Alexander: Have you ever heard him mentioned alongside the all time greats? I havn't. Why not?

#3 Rudi Johnson: He doesn't catch many passes, so he is one-dimensional. However it just seems as if he never gets any credit whatsoever, yet hes on pace for his 3rd straight 1400 yard season

#2 Terry Glenn: I don't know if theres ever been a player to more quietly put up back to back 1000 yard seasons. Bills Parcells is a tough coach to please, and he likes this guy. That should tell you something.

#1 Chad Pennington: His 65.3% completion rate is 2nd in NFL history! And its not all short passes either, as his 7.24 YPA isn't bad at all. Throw in 70 TDs to only 46 INTs and you have a pretty damn good QB. Hes performed pretty well in the postseason going 2-2 with some rather pedestrian teams. I know that it was partially due to his injury, but its a shame that there was talk of Patrick Ramsey or Clemens beating this guy out for a starting job. IMO hes a top 10 NFL QB and will be for years to come.