Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Turn checkraise semibluff PLO 100

Thoughts on the flop/turn line. I checked turn intending to checkraise any size bet.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($86.10)
UTG ($107.50)
Button ($133.85)
Hero ($128.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2.5</font>, Button calls $2.50, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($8.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8.1</font>, UTG calls $8.10, Button calls $8.10.

Turn: ($32.80) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $6.9</font>, Button calls $6.90, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $58.8</font>
Old 09-30-2006, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Turn checkraise semibluff PLO 100

Standard.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:25 PM

As an aside, I'm having trouble putting UTG on a hand. The best I can think of is KQ10x with hearts or something silly.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:04 AM

It's certainly not a bad play, but I'd be interested to see why wazz thinks its a standard play instead of raising the flop and taking a free card on the turn?
Old 10-01-2006, 08:09 AM

its hard to raise your own bet, do you mean CR?
Old 10-01-2006, 11:22 AM

Wait.... I thought OP had 2 diamonds as well. Well it's still a good play if a pot checkraise has a decent amount of fold equity, as you are representing a set with a decent redraw.

In terms of outs, against a set and a diamond flush draw you have 19 which is plenty. Against just a set you have I think 25 outs, making you a favourite. Your biggest problem is when you're up against some combination of a set + heart draw + straight draw, though that doesn't happen often enough to make this CR a bad play.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:44 PM

I think I have trouble sometimes in deciding what to play preflop. I normally fold this hand preflop here. Bad?
Old 10-01-2006, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I have trouble sometimes in deciding what to play preflop. I normally fold this hand preflop here. Bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think with it being 4-handed it's worth seeing a flop

But yeah I like the check raise on the turn. There arent many hands that have you as a big dog
Old 10-01-2006, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm playing PLO 100 I'm intentionally playing a ton of hands b/c I want to put myself in tough situations.

I think it's ok anyway though.

I posted this partly b/c I like this line in NLHE and wondered what you guys thought about it in PLO.

I was going to c-raise allin even if he potted.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:47 PM

One more post.

As I see it, there are two main reasons to take the bet flop, c-r turn allin line in holdem with a big draw:

- You aren't in terrible shape against anything
- You effectively represent a big hand (basically a set, sometimes an overpair or two pair)

In PLO, on the first count, we're often better off than in holdem (big draws can be 50/50ish on the turn)

On the second count though - because the board is so drawy, are people going to believe you risked JJ or KK checking though? I.E. Do you guys ever do this with a set also? (I do, occasionally).

Independent of other reads, on a board like this, what kind of hand ranges do you think are in play with the bet flop c-r turn line. I.E. What is it reasonable for me to have and what kind of hands is someone going to call flop bet turn with?

In general, I think the ranges involved in PLO (in terms of the weightings of strong made hand, mediocre made hand, strong draw, weak draw, bluff) are different from holdem, but I'm trying to wrap my head around how, in general and in this specific hand.