Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 06:55 PM

Default 50NL: Am I spewing with AKs?

Villain is 24/18/4 over 116 hands. My notes tell me that he likes to 3bet frequently. He also may have noticed that I 3bet frequently as well.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $52.80
BTN: $37.55
SB: $56.30
Hero (BB): $52

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $9

Flop: ($32.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $17</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $36 and is All-In</font>, UTG calls $19

My plan here regardless of the flop was to call his 4bet with the intention of a CRAI on the flop. My thought was that if he has something like AK, AQs (doubtful) TT-QQ, or something smaller, he'll fold to a CRAI flop that he misses. Whereas if I shove PF, he probably calls regardless. Either way, I'm getting this in PF or on the flop.

With that said, does my line look spewy? Does he have KK or AA often enough here for me to have totally misplayed this (i.e. I could have folded somewhere PF, or on the flop.). I realize our stack sizes by the flop are so small that a CRAI might actually be pointless in terms of fold equity.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: 50NL: Am I spewing with AKs?

just shove preflop. you need to see all 5 cards, and it seems you did that anyways. Say he has QQ and an A or a K flops he is going to get away, when you dont hit the flop and you put your money in, he is way ahead. You are diminishing the value of your hand by calling.

as played I would c/f the flop.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:00 PM

Yes spewy.

There is just about no way he's folding to a chck raise on flop after 4 betting pre.

Also even if you guys do 3bet and such frequently pre-flop he is likely not 4betting you very light here with him UTG and you in BB. I'd just fold to the 4bet.

EDIT: DIDN'T NOTICE IT WAS 4HANDED. ABOVE ANSWER IS FOR 6 HANDED. BELOW ANSWER FIT MORE THIS SITUATION:

SHOVE PRE-FLOP. He still isn't gonna fold to a check raise on flop...the pot will be too big. You need all 5 cards and hell maybe he plays TT/JJ like this and folds it pre-flop to a 5bet shove.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:01 PM

Yeah, good points. As soon as I called his 4bet, I knew I [censored] something up.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:02 PM

So you think folding to the 4bet is better than shoving PF?

Really depends, but you do have a good hand. You might be against AA or KK, so you'd just have to pay it off, but if not, you'd only be slightly behind at the very least. If villain doesn't have a pair, you're in better shape.

[ QUOTE ]
So you think folding to the 4bet is better than shoving PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry...I edited.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:05 PM

Not a good plan you had there sire. He only has a PSB left so you can't really c/r him. PF is either a push or a fold. AK wants to see all 5 cards.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:05 PM

If your villain is competent, which he seems he is, I feel like you need to fold to the PF 4bet, because if he's positionally aware, and knows you are, he's saying that, you are 3betting his UTG raise and he's not scared of that. I do think this line is spewy, because like you said, the stack sizes are too small for a CRAI, and I'm thinking a flop that you miss generally will be a flop that is good for them and they're going to call your CRAI. I don't know if i'm explaining very well, but basically I don't think this is good, especially at the micros.

edit: by the time i posted my reply it had gotten so many, haha sorry.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:06 PM

Yeah. I basically posted this hand knowing that I played it poorly, but just wanted some confirmation.