Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 10:37 AM

Default PokerDonors

http://pokerdonors.com

Hello everyone.

If this is not okay with administration, please lock this up.

I sponsored two kids out of pocket to get things going, and with the help of a very generous donation from SakiSaki, and several other poker players (many you will recognize), enough to really make a difference at the end of the month.

<u>What?</u> I became aware that poker players would like to give more to charity, but the inconvenience of managing poker cash leaves most players apathetic to the thought. Through PokerDonors, donating to charity is as easy as "Transfer Funds...".

There's a FAQ to answer most of the questions, and I'll be quick to respond to any questions here. You can also see a picture of the kids we're sponsoring in the Charities section.

I update the site very often, so you'll be able to see a history of your donation within ~12 hours in the News section. If you look in the Site section, you can see some all-time numbers, and how far we are from making our quota/sponsoring an additional child for the month. You can also view who's donated the most over the past month or all-time.

I wrote/run the site myself, and I maintain it between slow-times at work, and when I have time at home. But there will rarely be an hour in the day when I won't have some kind of access to it. I've put poker playing on hold for the time-being, and I won't be playing on my PStars or FTP accounts while this thing is going.

Anyhow, anything is extremely appreciated, and don't feel pressured to match with SakiSaki's very sweet donation; $2-3 is awesome too.

<u>TO DONATE:</u> Donating is simple, transfer money to one of the poker alias' listed on the front page: KingKory (San Jose) @ Pokerstars, PokerDonors @ FTP. Basically I'm playing as the middleman between your online poker cash, and the chariy.

Discussion: I know there are many schools of thought on how to spend the donations. I've opened a forum to discuss this, or feel free to ask me questions/give me suggestions here.

Thanks much,

Cory
Old 08-17-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Re: PokerDonors

[ QUOTE ]
I sponsored two kids out of pocket

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-17-2007, 10:47 AM

Is one of the kids you sponsored the one in your avatar? His money should go to radical plastic surgery.

Or a greeting card contract.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:48 AM

more love for this thread please
Old 08-17-2007, 11:16 AM

thoughs on this thread? not allowed i think?
Old 08-17-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thoughs on this thread? not allowed i think?

[/ QUOTE ]
After the scam that vigorish pulled I don't think this should be, unless it was cleared that this was actually going directly to a charity.
~Justin
Old 08-17-2007, 08:54 PM

Hi Everyone:

My opinion is that we should not allow anyone on the site to be asking for money even if the cause is legit and good. Furthermore, I would not object if this poster was banned. But I'll leave that decision up to others to decide.

It's also my opinion that if we allow this sort of stuff, our forums will become of similar solicitations and for sure some of it will be a scam (and this one might be aswell).

Best wishes,
Mason
Best wishes,
Mason