Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 02:42 AM

Default Vent re: stupid jerks

Do what you want with this. Move it to another forum. Lock it - I don't care. I just wanna vent and this looked like the most appropriate place to do it...

You know how sometimes you get bothered by something small, something petty. Like when your driving to work and some Anurag cuts in on you and you're all like angry and stuff and he's not even caring or whatever. In the end it cost you, what - 1 car length. Maybe 2.5 seconds? So why care, right? Well this is kinda like that.

The number one thing that really annoys the crap outer me on these bulletin boards is people who quote a paragraph, or a whole post, and add no comment! I mean, why? Why I ask you!

I guess they do it because they want to show they agree with someone else’s comment. Right? Ha ha, right... It's a post count boost - and everyone knows it! And who cares that some shmuck with 650 posts agrees with somebody else anyway? Do they think it makes them better poker players?

I sooooo resent the extra scroll I have to give the scroll wheel to get past this waste of space. It's contributing to possible joint pain in my more senior years which may lead to a misclick which may lead to calling a river bet with J high when I miss my straight draw. How embarrassing would that be - and all because of stupid jerks who are too busy wasting there own lives to realise how much they are wasting other peoples!

And I see this kind of behaviour -this post count = status behaviour- frequently encouraged by otherwise intelligent posters. Only yesterday I read a thread in the Stud forum by some guy who got all cranky because somebody had the hide to say that he had overplayed his hand or whatever and part of the barrage of insults included: You've only got 250 posts and therefore clearly don't know what you're talking about so shut up I'm not asking you... (I was paraphrasing). What kind of moron thinks like that...? I mean really.

Look, my recommendation would be to just stop displaying post counts. They add nothing. It'd stop a lot of wasteful needless posts, I think. Keep member statuses and whatever, and joining date, but post count poorly represents worthiness.

You know, the average IQ is 100. But when you think about it 100 ain't that much.

Anticipating obvious joke…
Old 12-29-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Vent re: stupid jerks

tl;dr
Old 12-29-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do what you want with this. Move it to another forum. Lock it - I don't care. I just wanna vent and this looked like the most appropriate place to do it...

You know how sometimes you get bothered by something small, something petty. Like when your driving to work and some Anurag cuts in on you and you're all like angry and stuff and he's not even caring or whatever. In the end it cost you, what - 1 car length. Maybe 2.5 seconds? So why care, right? Well this is kinda like that.

The number one thing that really annoys the crap outer me on these bulletin boards is people who quote a paragraph, or a whole post, and add no comment! I mean, why? Why I ask you!

I guess they do it because they want to show they agree with someone else’s comment. Right? Ha ha, right... It's a post count boost - and everyone knows it! And who cares that some shmuck with 650 posts agrees with somebody else anyway? Do they think it makes them better poker players?

I sooooo resent the extra scroll I have to give the scroll wheel to get past this waste of space. It's contributing to possible joint pain in my more senior years which may lead to a misclick which may lead to calling a river bet with J high when I miss my straight draw. How embarrassing would that be - and all because of stupid jerks who are too busy wasting there own lives to realise how much they are wasting other peoples!

And I see this kind of behaviour -this post count = status behaviour- frequently encouraged by otherwise intelligent posters. Only yesterday I read a thread in the Stud forum by some guy who got all cranky because somebody had the hide to say that he had overplayed his hand or whatever and part of the barrage of insults included: You've only got 250 posts and therefore clearly don't know what you're talking about so shut up I'm not asking you... (I was paraphrasing). What kind of moron thinks like that...? I mean really.

Look, my recommendation would be to just stop displaying post counts. They add nothing. It'd stop a lot of wasteful needless posts, I think. Keep member statuses and whatever, and joining date, but post count poorly represents worthiness.

You know, the average IQ is 100. But when you think about it 100 ain't that much.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-29-2005, 11:04 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2005, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-30-2005, 02:44 PM

dude, don't let it bother you. I read a lot in the STT forum, but most of my posts are from Sporting Events and Other Other Topics. If you are posting in a strategy forum, you are there to learn. Just post what you have to say, and if it is wrong, someone will correct you, and hopefully, an interesting discussion will ensue as to why you were were wrong/right etc.

If someone bothers you so much you have to write out this long post, there's always the ignore button.

P. Dirty
Old 12-30-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
encouraged by Stud forum talking about so shut like that stop displaying post member IQ is 100. But when joke…

[/ QUOTE ]

-ZEN
Old 01-02-2006, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-05-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-08-2006, 03:25 AM

I don't think that quoting another person's post without adding anything is always done with the intention of boosting ones' post count. I think more often than not it's just easier than typing something someone else has already said. I've done it on several occasions and I couldn't give a [censored] how many posts I've made here. I'm sure some people do quote with the intention of racking up posts, and if so, that's retarted. I also think it's kindof ridiculous to make this assumption and then get furious about it. Just let it go.

Edited to add: You only have 62 posts. You have no idea what you're talking about.