Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Repeat names in side bar (I\'m dumb)

Maybe I'm the only one who is dumb enough to do this, but they confuse me. More than once I've hit 'small stakes', been reading a post and thinking 'you can at least post the raise amount fish' when I realize I'm in the limit not NL forum.

Maybe there can be a note like the high stakes tournament forum is noted as 'High Stakes MTT' rather than just 'High Stakes'? But maybe it's only me.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Repeat names in side bar (I\'m dumb)

I do it every once in awhile too. But its never bothered me. Sometimes I'll even end up reading a good thread I would never have seen otherwise.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:39 PM

I've been advocating appending the limit forums with "LHE" and the NL forums with "NL," but I haven't made a convincing enough case to the reds, yet. All the limit forums are getting a ridiculous number of misposts from NL n00bs since we redid the sidebar.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been advocating appending the limit forums with "LHE" and the NL forums with "NL," but I haven't made a convincing enough case to the reds, yet. All the limit forums are getting a ridiculous number of misposts from NL n00bs since we redid the sidebar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Seems like a pretty easy case to make. You can add my vote (which isn't worth much) to appending the game-type to the name.

Although I really do read some threads I wouldn't have normally read, which is a nice benefit. This forum should have a "Read random Thread" button that just picks a thread from any forum. That'd be a great way to kill hours of time.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:30 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

Aww c'mon, Wook, you're killing our fun when a NL noob like KneeCo (j/k) posts in our limit forum. Are you trying to put the pooptoad out of business?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:55 PM

It was more fun when we mocked the noobs and then sent the post back to NL as a warning to others. Post in the right forum or be mocked! I imagine the uNL guys sitting around tussling the hair of the guys posting in the wrong forum and offering them a Life Saver to chear them up after a serious mocking.