Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 01:21 PM

Default Today I lost a 15x chip lead in ~5 hands

Ok, so im playing a $10 triple up on pacific. Both players seem fairly solid but i keep picking up nice hands and grabbing a few chips here and there in the early blind levels. I play good and things go my way. The hands keep coming and I am dominating the table. I wipe out one of the players. The blinds are $50 $100 and im heads up on the button. I have ~$3200 chips to villains $250. Pot is $150. Usually by this point I pretty much feel there is no way back for him so finish it off. However, this was not to be the case today and I actually lose the game in about 5 hands.
Hand #1
I pick up K, 8, s. I figure this is above average hand so I put villain all in for his remaining $250. He calls with A, J which holds up.

(couple of nothing hands)

Hand #2
Hero (on button) $2900 Villain $550 pot $150
Cards: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I raise to $300 villain calls (leaving him with $250)
flop 8, 6, 5. I push villain calls shows k, j. Turn is a jack. He wins.

Stack sizes are now $2400 to $1200

I pick up 8, 8. Raise villain 3x big blind. He min raises back. I push. He calls and shows A,A. His aces hold up.

He now has the chip lead. At this point im thinking "hang on, 4 or 5 hands ago I was winning?" how has this happend.
He puts me all in 4 or 5 hands in a row, while the best cards I see are q,6 so picks up around 1/3 of my stack in blinds. Im left with around $800. Blinds increace to 75, 150. I pick up K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button and push. He calls. Shows A,6. Holds up.

Has anyone else ever lost like this? I went through my hands afterwards and really couldnt see what i had done wrong.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Today I lost a 15x chip lead in ~5 hands

Yes and I have often been at the other end as well. Varience
Old 12-26-2006, 01:24 PM

try this site
Old 12-26-2006, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone else ever lost like this? I went through my hands afterwards and really couldnt see what i had done wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes
Old 12-26-2006, 01:36 PM

OP,

Beats happen...at an alarming rate. It's part of the game.

This being a strategy forum, there is generally no value in sharing the results. You only need to include action up to your final decision (or leave it blank if you want to solicit recommendations).

Check out the FAQ for detailed posting tips. The details spelled out in the FAQ are quite necessary.

As for these hands -- the first is fine, the 2nd you should open-shove PF, the 3rd...probably fine as well (hard to make out the blind sizes in relation to the stacks you've presented).

Given your post count, I will save you from the fun-loving sharks in Beats, Brags, and Variance...the subforum where these types of posts belong -- DESPITE you closing "did I play these OK?". Presenting these hands the way you did inhibits any beneficial discussion.

- Read the FAQ
- Post accordingly
- Welcome to the forum!
Closed Thread