Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Asking Players Not To Sit With You NLTRN

Am I dumb?

Whenever anyone asks me not to sit v them in a heads up SNG, I respect that request and avoid playing them.

I have asked 4 players not to sit against me.. BBJ and Genius have acted classy and avoided me.. however, two players (I won't reveal their names) continue to sit against me and annoy the hell out of me.

I wish stars would have a refuse button whereby if you are sitting you can refuse to play an opponent.

Am I an idiot for not sitting against players who I have a clear edge against? Should I just ignore their requests and play away.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Asking Players Not To Sit With You NLTRN

I stalk people I have an edge against. I also steal blinds from people who disconnect.

I'm playing to make money, not friends.

Its up to you.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:51 PM

I agree with xSCWx, there is no need to be friendly. I don't know how you can waste your time sitting on Stars trying to table select, it is hard enough to get on a table in the first place.

I do get a little irritated with the revenge players, though. I did have one very tough opponent sit against me three times in a row. In the last match, I asked him to dodge me. I imported hand histories after that.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:26 PM

Usually when I play a good reg I say something like "this is EV- for both" and usually he agrees and we won't play more against each other.

If he thinks he has an edge I never ask him not to play me though.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:32 PM

if there was a refuse button you think the bad players would be playing players like you??
Old 09-07-2007, 06:37 PM

Hey Camel. I personally think its an admirable thing and have shown that respect to a player in the past. I try to be friendly and nice by nature, so if I respect someone I'll extend them that courteousy.

However, with that being said, nobody is at all obligated to accomodate that request. As others have said, the way the online game is formatted, you have to sit in a SnG expecting to take on anybody. TBH, I think thats fair enough. I personally accept the fact that i'm open to any opponent who wishes to play me when I take that first open seat. and I don't see why stars should implement something that would allow a player refusal.

I can see how this would be immensly frustrating, but you will just have to work around it, as I cannot forsee stars ever giving a player this type of option in a SnG.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if there was a refuse button you think the bad players would be playing players like you??

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of the time I'm sitting and waiting for the game.

Heads up cash you can just sit out, obv no so such option in SNG's.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:46 PM

oh, and for your last question. I suppose it depends on why you decided to agree to not playing them in the first place.

Did you do it just to be a nice guy, or because you thought it was proper ettiquete? Are you re-thinking this because you think your being a sucker? I mean, surely you realize that respecting these players' wishes in the first place is nothing more than being respectful/nice. you also must realize that there are some people who would never do this for a player (the two players you mentioned for example). Its simply a personal choice.

Whether this makes you a sucker or not, given that your taking the shaft on the other side of it now, I dunno.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, and for your last question. I suppose it depends on why you decided to agree to not playing them in the first place.

Did you do it just to be a nice guy, or because you thought it was proper ettiquete? Are you re-thinking this because you think your being a sucker? I mean, surely you realize that respecting these players' wishes in the first place is nothing more than being respectful/nice. you also must realize that there are some people who would never do this for a player (the two players you mentioned for example). Its simply a personal choice.

Whether this makes you a sucker or not, given that your taking the shaft on the other side of it now, I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to play poker in a happy, friendly environment.

If there is anomosity I play poorly and don't enjoy the game.

Life is too short to piss people off IMO. If someone doesn't want to play me, for whatever reason, I respect that.

I really don't think I will change my policy... I just posted when annoyed that one of the guys I've asked not to sit with me, did.

I think it shows a lack of respect for you fellow players to annoy them on purpose. It's not as though anyone has a massive edge on me anyway I don't think.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:24 PM

As I initially mentioned I totally agree with you. Was just pointing out what I percieve as some realities, and im glad your not changing your policy.

may your good karma bring you good luck.